A long, long time ago on a forum far, far away…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A long, long time ago on a forum far, far away…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

A year ago today, I joined the KP forum. A few days before that, I’d submitted a piece of my writing for the first time. I’d been writing for a few years already and acquired knowledge in the field, but I was completely unknown to the writing world. I hadn’t had a blog in years and I wasn’t on Instagram. I’d never tried to get anything published or joined any writing groups, and if you tried searching my name on the internet, you’d find zero results. But that month, things changed. Sure, I was far from well known, but at least I was less unknown. 😜

I’d originally joined partially for platforming, but it turned out to be something else. I grew as a writer, gaining a sense of humility and confidence, and made new friends. I don’t know where I’d be if it wasn’t for KP and now more recently, SE.

I never dreamed of having so much fun hanging out on a forum. So, I guess what I’m celebrating today is my anniversary of knowing you. Of interacting, laughing, and learning with y’all. I just wanted to thank y’all for making this a great place. *toasts a glass of awesomesauce*

Here’s to some of the people at KP and SE who particularly impacted my writing and life:

@josiah
    Your revisions on my articles and stories made me grow in ways I never thought I could. You’ve helped me to outline my articles and make them better than I ever imagined. Thank you for being an awesome, dedicated editor-in-chief both at KP and here. Keep on guiding other writers as you have me. 🙂

@gracelivingston
    You were the very first person to welcome me on the KP forum and your warmth made me feel so happy. You’ve always been diligent to respond to all the times I’ve tagged you, and you’ve never ceased to encourage me. And now, being able to work with you at SE is just amazing. 🤗

@jenwriter17
    Your beautiful, frequent comments are what kept me from giving up blogging and writing. Not long before I met you on KP, I was feeling depressed about my writing and felt I was getting nowhere—then you commented on my blog and I didn’t feel so sad anymore. Then you commented again, again, and again, and you gave me hope. Thank you for your continual stream of kindness. ❤️🙂

@anne-of-lothlorien
    You are a blessing from God, Anne. Every time one of your emails comes in, my face lights up. Your friendship came as a comforting song when I was struggling with loneliness. Thank you for being an enthusiastic and conscientious friend. 🤗🤗🤗🤗

@cindy
    Your poems always inspire me to reach new heights and taught me how to craft a better, more meaningful poem. Keep on writing, dumping sunflowers, and shedding joy in your words. 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

@gabriellepollack
    Your blog was one of the very first I ever started reading. I’ve always loved the articles you wrote for KP. I was happy when I found out that the very first graphic I’d make for KP was for one of your articles. ❤️ Your humor, wit, and writerly wisdom always keep me entertained and inspired.

@snapper
    Even before I joined KP, I heard about you. I was absolutely tickled to read your LOKD. I’ve always admired your writing style and your enthusiasm for writing is contagious. Keep on melting chairs, dear snapper. 😉

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Snapper
    @snapper

@mariposa You are such a sweet person. <3 I’m so glad you joined the forum of KP all those years ago, and I can’t wait to see what comes next for us! And thank you for your words. Trust me, I’ll never stop melting chairs. 😉

And I’ve always loved your art style – I remember when you first drew me a character, that brown-haired girl who I never specified the name of. XD Her name is Zelaya. 😛

*melts chair*

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@mariposa I really and truly enjoyed your blog! ❤️❤️❤️ I think you’re a great writer and especially artist. I can’t wait to see where you go in the future 😊

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
      www.jennaterese.com

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

@snapper Wow, that seems like a long time ago. I drew Zelaya (beautiful name; did you make it up?) even before you had your blog and knew what your real name was. 😅

@jenwriter17
      Thanks, Jen! Your words always bring a smile to my face. ❤️

Gabrielle Pollack
      @gabriellepollack

@mariposa *Crushes you in a dinosaur-sized hug* I’m so glad you and Aberdeen waltzed into our lives at KP and now SE. <3 We would not be the same without you. 🙂 I’ve always appreciated your comments, and wonder what I did to be blessed to meet an amazing person like you. 🙂 I wish you realms of success in this next year 🙂 *toasts with awesomesauce*

Josiah DeGraaf
      @josiah

@mariposa It’s been great to have you on the staff designing graphics and writing articles for us. 🙂 Glad to be a part of your writing journey.

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

@gabriellepollack *Aberdeen returns dinosaur hug and slurps up awesomesauce*

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien

@mariposa – Thank you so much! Your emails are such a blessing to me too, and the writing advice and everyday things we talk about are always helpful and pleasant.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
        No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Rachel Rogers
        @scribbles

Wow, was that just a year ago??? I could have sworn it’s been longer! It sure is fun having you around here. 😉 <3

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Grace Livingston
          @gracelivingston

@Mariposa AHHH. *much feels* 💛💛💛💛💛 When I found out that you were going to be working here at SE I was SO HAPPY. And if I’m an encouragement to you, it’s only because I was inspired by how much of an encouragement you are to everyone (myself included). 😊❤

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa

@scribbles I know! It feels like I’ve been here always. 😅 It’s been fun having you and Edna around too. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

@gracelivingston
          You make me smile. ❤️❤️❤️ I can’t wait to see where SE takes us.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest