fb

A Little Bit About E.S Johnson

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself A Little Bit About E.S Johnson

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

Hey! My name’s Ella (on the internet, at least 😂) and I’m an aspiring author whose current project, Of Wives And Women, is a Historical Fiction series on women of the Bible. I can’t keep my fingers off my keyboard, can’t write chapters in order (😰) and somehow manages to mash them all together so it works.

Hehe….

Well, that’s it for me! I’m on one other writing platform (the name I can’t remember right now, ugh– wait, I got it. Wattpad, that’s it! Just search for @ESJohnson, haha), but other than that I’m a pretty silent girl.

Anyone else likes Historical Fiction?

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

GirlSetFree
    @girlsetfree

Hey, @esjohnson. Welcome, welcome, welcome!! I’ve never heard of Wattpad. Definitely have to head over and check that out!! 🙂

Your WIP sounds very interesting: that was something I’ve been wanting to read for so long, and have even thought about writing. 😉  I love reading Historical Fiction!!

I prefer writing in the 21st century, though.

What are some of your hobbies? (besides writing, of course. 😉

Which Woman of the Bible are you working on right now?

Glad you’re here with us!! 🙂

~~~ GirlSetFree

P.S. Like your signature, btw.

Writer. Thinker. Christian Gal. Canadian. Singer. Blogger. Health Nut. Author. Lumerit Scholar.

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@GirlSetFree thanks for the compliments! 😊 I’m alternating between writing about Bathsheba and Michal. I’m using Hebrew spellings, however, so the names might sound a LITTLE bit different than what you’re used to. All in all I may have over 5 books. (Look at me, planning ahead again. Bad habit. 😰)

I play piano (I’d consider myself intermediate) and sing a little bit. My favorite songs to play are hymns, Bach, Beethoven, and Handel.

What about you? 😉

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Welcome to the site, @esjohnson! That sounds like a pretty cool project you’re working on right now. What was your inspiration for it?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@esjohnson

Welcome, Ella!!! Ooh His Fic? That’s really cool. @Faith_Blum writes that too. 😉

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Faith Blum
    @faith_blum

Hi, @esjohnson! I write Historical Fiction! And I’m also writing stories set during that time period.

ISTJ ~ Independently published author ~ wife ~ mother of two in heaven ~ www.faithblum.com

Anna Marie
    @annamarieoriginal

Welcome to Story Embers, @esjohnson! I enjoy reading historical fiction; I feel that its one of the most effective and personal ways to have history stick in your mind. I liked reading the American Girl series in elementary–Kit was my favorite– and have read more recently Gloria Whelan’s books. Besides the Bible, do you have other sources you use to get information about your characters?

~Anna Marie
    "Write the book you want to read." -Austin Kleon

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

Wow, hi everyone! @josiah @jane-maree @faith_blum @annamarieoriginal

😊 Besides the Bible, I use Wikipedia sometimes, read a little bit of Josephus’ Antiquities Of The Jews, and mainly do research on how they lived, worked and loved back in the day. Its a task, I can tell you that!

My inspiration was just an idea that struck me during my morning devotion a couple months ago, a simple paragraph (that I will have to dig up and find) that had me thinking Hey, I could write about this! I’m mostly a pantser, though, so only halfway into the story did I really start outlining. 😉

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by ESJohnson.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by ESJohnson.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.