fb

A Comedy of Writers

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A Comedy of Writers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    I, David
    @i-david

So… I figured this is a funny place, filled with funny people. So surely there’s some funny stories that could be shared, upon which we all could heap some funny commentary!

Or not. That works too.

*Becomes one with the singularity*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@i-david Cool idea!  One question, though: did you mean funny true stories, or funny fiction we wrote ourselves?  Or recommending funny books/stories by authors we like?

(This is a topic that particularly interests me, as you’ll see by my signature. 😉 )

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

I, David
    @i-david

@rochellaine I mean whatever! Fictional, real, dreams… This is for all things funny and written.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@rochellaine @i-david

YAY!!!! This is what we need. 😆 I’m definitely going to be following this thread.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Same thought… I just grab some popcorn… settle down…

Ahhh. Perfect!  😉

I, David
    @i-david

@evelyn @eden-anderson @rochellaine

Anyone else want to go first? Or should I?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@i-david *maniacal laugh* You go first. >:)

😉

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@i-david @evelyn

I second that.

Turn down the lights, somebody…and let’s settle back and enjoy this show.

*popcorn, please*

😀

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson

*hands over a huge bucket of popcorn*

Just make sure not to choke on it when you start laughing. 😉

I, David
    @i-david

Oh dear. O.o

I don’t have a large supply of comedy works in my resume–my humor usually filters into my other works–but I think this would be a decent start. I’m sorry it’s so short (and unfinished) and probably won’t meet expectations, but here’s the Unfinished Comedy (NOTE – This was written as if it was a recording between myself and my sister. You’ll have to guess who’s who. XD):

“Harry took out the trash last night. It all went downhill from there.”

“Really Isaac? There’s no need to be so dramatic.”

“Are you kidding?! Drama makes the world go round!”

“The world would be better off without drama.”

“Oh yeah? How?”

“Simple. No drama equals no Shakespeare.”

“Touché. But you can’t argue with that fact it started with Harry taking out the trash!”

“I guess not. Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day…”

“Thank y– wait, what?!”

“So, as my brother was saying, it started out when Harry took out the trash. You see, we had combined all three Omnibus classes and gone camping. It took a lot of time, money, and bake sales…”

“I will never look at cookies the same again.”

“…but eventually, we had enough money for everyone to go camping during spring break. We put people into tents by twos, although Mrs. Bruce got her own tent. Lucky her.”

“Luck doesn’t exist!”

“You are so annoying.”

“I appreciate the compliment.”

“I can only roll my eyes at you so many times, Isaac.”

“Well, since you’re so busy rolling your eyes, I’ll continue the story. As it turned out, when you take roughly fifty people camping, you stack up a lot of garbage. And I mean, a LOT. For this reason, Mrs. Bruce put everyone’s names into a hat and pulled out one fortunate winner who got to, you guessed it, take care of the trash. It all tended to pile up inside of the mess hall…”

“Which is just a big white building with a large cafeteria-like sitting room and a small kitchen.”

“…and some poor soul had to lug it out of the mess hall, through the field where all of our tents were, past all of the big white vans we had taken to get here, and throw it into the trash container by the dirt road. The trash truck picked it up every Wednesday and Saturday. Now, depending on how many friends you had, you might get some help. For instance, if I had to carry the trash out, I would have loads of people begging me to let them carry the trash for me!”

“Sure, Isaac. Keep telling yourself that.”

“I will, thank you very much. But unfortunately for Harry, it was s’more night. Everyone else decided they would rather sit around the bonfire next to the mess hall while Harry struggled with taking all of those trash bags to the garbage bin. And that, dear reader, is how it all started.”

“This is a recording, Isaac. No one is going to read this.”

“They will if I type it out!”

“And what if you don’t type it out?”

“I will type it out. So there.”

“Whatever. I’m just going to read off the title:
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>
    ‘Omnibus Camping’</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”></p>
        “WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! You can’t just put the title there! It’s totally out of place! And furthermore, that is such a boring name! You could at least come up with something creative, like ‘Camping Chaos,’ or ‘the Mysterious Mayhem of Camp Calter.’”

“Really? ‘The Mysterious Mayhem of Camp Calter?’ That’s what you came up with? We aren’t even in Camp Calter.”

“Hey! I was rushed. But at least I tried! All you had was ‘Omnibus Camping.’ So ha.”

“Whatever. Can we please just get back to the story?”

“Fine, but this will be addressed again later!”

“I hope not. But anyway, back to Harry taking out the trash. From what we learned afterward, it took Harry some fifteen minutes to get to the dumpster . . .”

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@i-david

*chokes on popcorn*

xD

Was that a real recording? Or a real conversation? Or did you just come up with that?

I, David
    @i-david

@evelyn *Nervously pats on back to try and prevent choking*

No, I came up with it. If I were to ever finish it one day, then we might do an actually recording. Heh.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

*looks worried as she thumps @evelyn on the back*  Does anybody know the Heimlich?

Great story, @i-david ! It sounded like a real conversation between siblings. 😆😆

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

I’m posting a meme on here, because meme’s are funny and this is supposed to be a funny thread.

(Hope you don’t expel me @i-david for taking such liberty)

This is totally me:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Eden Anderson.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

I’M FINE!

@eden-anderson
    @i-david

Now can everyone stop hitting me? 😉

*looks at meme*

*chokes on popcorn*

xD

😉

Aaaanyways…

Here’s another meme for ya’ll:

And though it isn’t always the case, it is often true. xD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.