fb

2022 goals, anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions 2022 goals, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@noah-cochran what’s the emojis for? I like it when you talk like a medieval person

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@erynne

First of all, hi! 😀

Second, I actually have some clear goals for 2022 – that’s a first for me. Most of my goals, when I have them at all, are very vague and therefore don’t get accomplished because I don’t know how to accomplish them. XD

I’m working on a historical fiction novel right now called Where Faith Remains, and I hope to have the first draft done by February – I’m about 20k in right now and expect the novel to reach 40k or maybe a little more. By the end of 2022, I hope to have the novel completely finished. My other goal for 2022 is to research self-publishing. And yeah, that’s basically it. 🙂

O that you would realize that each moment is golden. - Ellen G. White

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@emma-walker

Medieval smiling. 🙂

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@noah-cochran at least it’s not the Flynn Rider smolder XDXD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Awesome goals!! Oof, staying fit is hard for me. I’d much prefer to read than work out. I do ride and hike and do other stuff farm life requires, but lifting weights and doing “excercises” with names like the “Jackknife Crunch” has never appealed to me. XD

https://thepeninspired.wordpress.com

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

Hey! No he doesn’t do that. Just me
    *Flynn Rider smolder*

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne righttttt

Erynne
    @erynne

@joy-caroline

Hi!!

Second, I actually have some clear goals for 2022 – that’s a first for me. Most of my goals, when I have them at all, are very vague and therefore don’t get accomplished because I don’t know how to accomplish them. XD

Why does this sum up my everyday life? XD

I’m working on a historical fiction novel right now called Where Faith Remains, and I hope to have the first draft done by February – I’m about 20k in right now and expect the novel to reach 40k or maybe a little more. By the end of 2022, I hope to have the novel completely finished. My other goal for 2022 is to research self-publishing. And yeah, that’s basically it.

Woahhh that’s big. I love that, I really hope you can achieve that goal!! I mean, 20k in like two months?? That’s fantastic! Best of luck 😉

@joelle-stone

Awesome goals!! Oof, staying fit is hard for me. I’d much prefer to read than work out.

Right!?!?! Why can’t I get a six pack by just reading all day?

I do ride and hike and do other stuff farm life requires, but lifting weights and doing “excercises” with names like the “Jackknife Crunch” has never appealed to me. XD

I can relate to all of that 😉

I prefer to do HIIT workouts. They’re workouts where you’re doing like dance moves with hints of fitness in them to different music. That makes it so much more fun

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@erynne

Why does this sum up my everyday life? XD

Glad I’m not the only one. 😂

Woahhh that’s big. I love that, I really hope you can achieve that goal!! I mean, 20k in like two months?? That’s fantastic! Best of luck 😉

Thank you so much!

O that you would realize that each moment is golden. - Ellen G. White

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

I prefer to do HIIT workouts. They’re workouts where you’re doing like dance moves with hints of fitness in them to different music. That makes it so much more fun

Ooh, that actually does sound like fun! *hears gasps around the room at me calling working out “fun”* Methinks I must try this out. 😛

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Haha, I didn’t think working out could be fun either. I use emkfit but she only has a few videos that I know songs from. Those are musicals since I don’t listen to Harry Styles or the latest Taylor Swift songs like most people… I need Shinedown or Daughtry XD ( Yes, yes, I know no one knows who that is) there are several other people that make YouTube videos doing HIIT though! You should definitely try it out!

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Thanks, I think I will!! It’s going to be hard to find dance songs I know, though. XD

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

My most important goals for this year are:

-Publish my novel

-Finish 2 drafts of the non-fiction book I’m working on

-Work with more editing clients

-Read 100 books

-Learn to balance my schedule and the different kinds of projects I work on, lol.

Some of the biggest things I accomplished last year were:

-Guest posting for Kingdom Pen

-Releasing my first worldbuilding course

-Making as much progress as I did on my novel (got through all but the last line edits and copy-edits!)

I have a more complete list on my blog, for anyone who’s curious.

Keep up a good pace at learning French

You’re learning French, too? Cool! I’ve been very out-of-practice since this past summer when I was too busy to work on it, but getting back into consistent practice is one of my goals for this year. (So far it… hasn’t been going as well as I might like, lol.)

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literature.

Erynne
    @erynne

@r-m-archer

Wow that’s great!! You did excellent last year, so I’m sure this year will be a be a breeze. Best of luck to you!

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@erynne

*glances at all the goals I failed last year* My original list disagrees… *glances over at accomplishments from last year* But I guess you’re not wrong, either. XD Thanks!

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literature.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest