fb

2022 goals, anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions 2022 goals, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

I’m breaking the awkward silence here…

Anyone interested in sharing their 2022 goals (whether it’s writing or something else)?

And did you accomplish any of your 2021 goals?

Best of luck to you through this new year!!

@joelle-stone
    @noah-cochran @emma-walker @gbfruitbat @joy-caroline @anyone

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Anyone interested in sharing their 2022 goals (whether it’s writing or something else)?

Cool topic! I want to finish drafting the last book of the trilogy and finish the second drafts of the second and third book, hopefully getting all of them to beta-readers this year. (Maybe? That’s a stretch but I want to at least finish them!)

More specifically, I want to finish the third book in less than three months. I started mid-december and I’m a third of the way through, so I think I’ll manage it! (That’s the fastest I’ve ever written a book, and this is going to be a long one, but I think I can do it if I keep being consistent)

On that note, become more consistent, and be less critical about my writing and just write what I enjoy!

My only 2021 writing goal was to finish drafting the second book and to rewrite the first book, and I did both!

How about you?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Cool beans! Hi.

goals…

well as far as writing goes, I want to figure out what I’m doing with my Wiley crew, figure out how I’m putting their stories together, work on the plots, stuff like that.
    I also want to outline my story called The Wanderer, about Avli, or Duchess Karson, the colorless lady from the CUCG, her story when she was younger.

As for school, I just want to get it doonneeeeeeeee. I’m a senior, so.

Physical activities, I’m helping my aunt teach instructional Volleyball, and I’m working on disc golf, because it’s a fun sport and since I’m graduating I won’t be on the volleyball team anymore, so I found disc golf as my new sport. Is fun.

Other stuff: later after I get done with school I’ll start building my writing platform, blog and stuff like that.
    I want to take a few trips to Texas throughout the year, one of my best friends (who is also my disc golf coach XP) lives there, along with family.

I want to strengthen my walk with the Lord above all, and grow in my prayer life and stuff.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

That’s excellent!! I wish you the best of luck. That doesn’t sound like the easiest thing to do, but I believe in you!

How about you?

Oh me? Well, I, uh *pulls out list*

My main goals for writing are to finish the first draft of my one WIP and to possibly get a few betas reading it, then hopefully completely finish this fairytale collection I’m working on. It’s nothing I’m putting a lot of thought into, it’s mainly just for writing practice and my mental health XD

As far as non-writing things go, I am trying to become more responsible, try to get prettyyyyy, become closer to God, and get fit.

Thank you for asking!

@emma-walker

Oh, that’s awesome!! I love travelling, and my dream (one of many) is to go on road trips with my friends so that is just cool. Texas is great. I hope you have fun!!

Also, congrats on almost graduating!! That’s so exciting that you get to start the next part of your life. Good luck with finishing school and don’t give up! You’re thisclose XD

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

*Checks my new years goals document*

For writing, I would like to:

Write books 1&2 of my medieval series

Do the first round of revision for books 1&2

Revise my stand alone novel again

Outline book 3 of the series

Outline a short spin-off to my stand alone novel

For non-writing it’s mostly just keeping a new schedule I made as closely as possible, but I would also like to:

Finish a list of history and other non-fiction books

Keep up a good pace at learning French

Possibly start a history channel

If I had any, I don’t recall what they were. 🙃

But I didn’t know a thing about writing until June 2021, nor had I written a single word of a fiction book until then, so there definitely wasn’t any writing resolutions or goals.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

*Checks my new years goals document*

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one to make one XD

Woahh you got a list. That’ll take some work, but good luck with that!

Possibly start a history channel

Like on Youtube??

If I had any, I don’t recall what they were.

Same, man, same. I think it was to finish my medieval fantasy story that I maybe worked on twice last year lol

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Woahh you got a list. That’ll take some work, but good luck with that!

If  I manage my time properly, a year should be plenty of time, but that comes down to my self-discipline. So I’ll do my best.

Like on Youtube??

Yep. Calling it a history youtube channel isn’t exactly accurate, but we’ll see if it ever happens.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

If  I manage my time properly, a year should be plenty of time, but that comes down to my self-discipline. So I’ll do my best.

You got it 😉

Yep. Calling it a history youtube channel isn’t exactly accurate, but we’ll see if it ever happens.

If my brain has the right idea, you should totally do something on the Civil War. That’s one of my favorite parts of American history.

I’m assuming I have the wrong idea though?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

If my brain has the right idea, you should totally do something on the Civil War. That’s one of my favorite parts of American history.

I’m assuming I have the wrong idea though?

Yeah, something like that. I’m more a medieval history guy though.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@eynne Thanksss

@noah-cochran
    I can tell you’re more a medieval guy, you talk like one a lot. 😜

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Emma Walker.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@emma-walker

🙃🙃

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

That’s excellent!! I wish you the best of luck. That doesn’t sound like the easiest thing to do, but I believe in you!

Thank you so much! 🙂

My main goals for writing are to finish the first draft of my one WIP and to possibly get a few betas reading it, then hopefully completely finish this fairytale collection I’m working on. It’s nothing I’m putting a lot of thought into, it’s mainly just for writing practice and my mental health XD

As far as non-writing things go, I am trying to become more responsible, try to get prettyyyyy, become closer to God, and get fit.

That sounds awesome! I bet you’ll do amazing!

@noah-cochran

Wowww, that’s writing two books and revising three! Go you, knowing you you can totally do it!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Hrm… goals…

Well, I want to start and finish and maybe get at least one draft edited for a book this year, so we’ll see how that goes. 🙂

And I have no idea what my 2021 goals were, so probably not? Possibly? Yes? Take your pick. XD

What about you, Erynne? Goals completed and goals made?

https://thepeninspired.wordpress.com

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

Wowww, that’s writing two books and revising three! Go you, knowing you you can totally do it!

One would at least hope. 🙂 Best wishes for your goals as well!

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Yeah, something like that. I’m more a medieval history guy though

Yeah, I know. You should just start telling people you’re from a medieval kingdom rather than Missouri XD

@rose-colored-fancy

That sounds awesome! I bet you’ll do amazing!

Thanks, I hope so!

@joelle-stone

Well, I want to start and finish and maybe get at least one draft edited for a book this year, so we’ll see how that goes.

That’s great! I’m like you, I keep it simple since you never know what life will throw at you. Good luck! I know you can make it!

And I have no idea what my 2021 goals were, so probably not? Possibly? Yes? Take your pick. XD

In that case, I chose heck ya! You decided on a goal, stuck to it, and was able to accomplish it just in time for the new year. Excellent job, I am very proud of you 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

What about you, Erynne? Goals completed and goals made?

I know for a fact I did not accomplish my 2021 goals whatsoever. XD My goal was to complete a medieval fantasy I had been working on, and I think I wrote like two paragraphs all year…

This year I hope to do much better, my main goals for writing are to finish the first draft of my one WIP and to possibly get a few betas reading it, then hopefully completely finish this fairytale collection I’m working on. It’s nothing I’m putting a lot of thought into, it’s mainly just for writing practice and my mental health XD

As far as non-writing things go, I am trying to become more responsible (like with devices and stuff), try to get prettyyyyy, become closer to God, and get fit.

So far, I’ve been doing really good at working out daily. I just finished today’s (like I am literally sitting in a pile of sweat typing this :P) and I’ve been good at reading my bible daily. Hopefully I can do this year as well as you did last year.

Thank you for asking!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest