fb

Reply To: Girl INTJ, Guy INFP–Help!

Forums Fiction Characters Girl INTJ, Guy INFP–Help! Reply To: Girl INTJ, Guy INFP–Help!

Maddie Morrow
@maddiejay

This sounds interesting! Ok here are my answers. Not sure if they’ll be helpful or not. I haven’t studied INTJ enough to know if this is stereotype behavior or just me.

1. Act under intense pressure: For me, I’m typically a buckle down and tackle the issue person. If I’m on a tight deadline and the entire house looks like a war zone and the yard needs mowed, I’m going to prioritize. Tackle the most important and ignore the rest. If the pressure is more situational, that trend still follows. Like when we were in a car wreck and the ambulance took both my parents to the hospital, I was oddly focused. I had to tell grandpa where to drive us, give the doctors all the info they needed, calm my sisters down. Stress makes me prioritize and compartmentalize. If it’s n out important I don’t want to think about it. Deal with the issue at hand. Stay calm.
2. Act around people cared about, and express love: As far as how I act around people I care about, it depends how close I actually am to them. With my immediate family I’ve got very few reservations. I’ll talk about most anything (other than my own personal feelings) do anything, whatever. Because I know I’m safe with them. With friends or more distant family though, I’ll be more reserved. Still genuine, but more selective. For instance I’m not going to take part in a game or activity I know I’m likely to fail at. I focus on what I’m confident in and stick to topics that aren’t going to land me in a brawl with them. My love language is touch, quality time spent, acts of service—depending who I’m with. I love kisses and hugs with my hubby and little boy. My close family I just want to hang with, or help them out with something. I try and anticipate their needs. Jarod likes a clean house, so I try to at least tidy up before he gets home, etc.
3. React to talking about hard subjects: If they’re talking about hard subjects in their own life, I have no problem hashing it out with them. I’m very much going to want to problem solve and fix the issue for them, though internally I’m likely to be judge mental of how they got into the situation or how they’ve handled it thus far. If someone is trying to talk to me about hard subjects in my life, that’s another matter entirely. It’s probably not going to go well. If it’s someone I’m close to and care about, it’s probably not going to end in a fight or anything, but I’m not going to able to be completely vulnerable and transparent with them. Just enough to pacify them. If it’s something that’s been truly bothering me, I’m going to desperately want to talk to them, but have no stinking clue how to. With others, it’s easy to problem solve. Dealing with my own emotions is harder because I can’t articulate them very well.
4. React to seeing a loved one bullied: I’d get right in the middle of whoever is doing the bullying. Yelling, screaming, punch them in the face if need be (that would only happen if they absolutely got belligerent but still-totally not off limits).