fb

Reply To: A Street Team? Is that what they're called?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions A Street Team? Is that what they're called? Reply To: A Street Team? Is that what they're called?

Ariella Newheart
@ariella-newheart

@anne_the_noob14 Have all the candy you’d like. I brought enough for everyone. *grins*

@wordsmith
Thank you for your observation about cohesion! I think that’s what’s been bugging me about this WIP. I still have a lot to learn about writing in third person, it seems. Now to decide whether to make this story omniscient or limited. I’ll have to play around with it and see what works.

Additionally, I’ve noticed that I slip into omniscience for certain small sections of my books. For example, at the end of chapters sometimes I’ll put “but what they didn’t know was…blah blah blah…” and sometimes I’ll throw in a few paragraphs, separated by a scene divider, that reveal something of significance that happened at a location that the character just left (e.g., a plant growing or a secret foe lurking in the shadows). In these instances, I provide information to the reader that won’t be revealed to the characters for some time. I have been told that this sort of shift is confusing to readers.

What do you think of this tactic in writing?

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Pin It on Pinterest