fb

Reply To: Advice on having the MC driving the story forward?

Forums Fiction Characters Advice on having the MC driving the story forward? Reply To: Advice on having the MC driving the story forward?

Andrew Schmidt
@andrew

@naiya-dyani,

Well, I have several stories I’m working on right now. But the main one I am focusing on right now is Chloe and Zoe. I actually posted that one on a thread to get feedback on it, so that I can learn how to write better. It’s around 40 pages, (and I’m not trying to make it too long) but I’m getting around the mid plot point. This is the part where the MC, Chloe, needs to go from reacting to acting. And Nicholas just sort of destroyed her town and killed lots of people… and therefore, she is in a downtrodden mess. And I’m still figuring out how to make her take control of the story and step up to Nicholas; therefore, driving the plot forward and not just standing there waiting for things to happen.

Her goals, desires, or needs? The MC simply wants a stable life, her twin Zoe, happiness… but that is somewhat impossible with Nicholas around. Also, he has had traumatic experiences in the past. Such as her mother dying and so forth.

I do have the plot written out, but I’m still critiquing it.

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer
: that’s okay! 😀

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain