fb

Reply To: The Inklings Renewed

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding The Inklings Renewed Reply To: The Inklings Renewed

Silver Shadow
@tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

For the cream cheese swirl:

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature

1/4 c. sugar

1 large egg, room temperature

1/4 t. vanilla extract

For the brownies:

6 T. unsalted butter

1/4 c. cornstarch

1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder

1 T. instant coffee or espresso powder (adding less will just enhance the chocolate flavor, but adding the full amount gives it a bit of a coffee flavor as well)

1/2 t. kosher salt

9 oz. semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 c. sugar

1 t. vanilla extract

3 large eggs, room temperature

Make the cream cheese swirl:

Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.

Make the brownies:

Preheat oven to 350℉.  Spray a 8x8x2″ baking pan with cooking spray, or butter it.

Whisk cornstarch, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt in a small bowl.  Combine chocolate and 6 T. butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until butter and chocolate are melted and smooth.  Remove from heat, then stir in sugar and vanilla.  Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in cornstarch mixture until smooth, about 1 minute.

Transfer batter to prepared pan.  Dollop cream cheese mixture over batter, then swirl into batter with a knife or spatula.  Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes.  Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely.  Cut into squares and enjoy!

I don’t really watch baseball.  I’m more into pro football.  The Green Bay Packers are my favorite team.  Dipping pizza in ranch at first sounded weird, but the more I think about it the more I could see how that tastes good.  I’ll have to try it next time I have pizza.

Braces would suck.  Fortunately, I’ve never had them.  My cousin did, though.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Pin It on Pinterest