fb

Reply To: Hello! *shy wave*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! *shy wave* Reply To: Hello! *shy wave*

Leon Fleming
@w-o-holmes

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Thank you; very encouraging. I might just feel in the mood to write a piece of a cloud…or the whole cloud.

@anne_the_noob14

And perhaps I am wrong, and/or don’t understand completely what I’ve been taught by my parents and all. And I will try my best to not turn this into a full-fledged argument But I would like to know what your definition of “Christian” is. Because either we have different definitions (which could likely be the case), or I don’t fully understand my congregation’s definition (which could also likely be the case). And again, I don’t want to argue with anybody, and please don’t feel like this is an argument. I simply want to make sure I understand you, and you understand me. And, of course, I want to make sure I understand my own belief, so if you end up asking a question I can’t answer, this will help me get a list of things to ask my parents

Btw, it really isn’t MY definition. I am a Christian based on my doctrine that I believe in. Based upon the Bible. People call themselves Christians but not all the time that is true. You can’t believe everything you hear, you know? My point being, a Christian is not just any person. A Christian is someone who repents and believes the gospel. Afterward, they are transformed and their life is totally and wholly different. They live for Him. They are His tools. They stand out in the world; the Bible says that they will.

“…I understand my own BELIEF…”-You: You call (this) your OWN BELIEF. Are you speaking about Christianity? If it is your own belief, then you are professing to be a Christian. But above you said that you don’t define yourself as a Christian.

I agree with you on your point about this conversation not being antagonistic. 🙂 That would not be correct Christian conduct (so far, on my half). Have you repented and believed in Him?

Yes! I would highly encourage you to sort this out and take it to your parents!

On your topic that you presented on versions of the Bible, I wouldn’t say that there is an English Bible that is a total and complete translation of the original Greek Bible. I would agree with you there. But. This does not mean that the King James version is a good version. My first Bible was given to me one Christmas when I was younger, around 5. It was a New King James. The King James versions are much simpler that other versions. I now see that. I have a NASB (New American Standard Bible). But, it’s a study Bible (by John MacArthur). It has the actual Bible with a commentary on the bottom. The commentary is very helpful and I trust John MacArthur because of his fruit. What he has done by faith. Not works alone. But works by faith in Christ. (That’s another realm to explore! Many people go by what they’ve done and what they’ve accomplished and they boast in this. But the Bible says that we should only boast in God. And what this means for Christians is that after they repent and believe, they are clothed in righteousness (as quoted above) and are new creations in Him. Christians are to obey Him, and we obey Him through works BY faith. And not of ourselves, but to Him be the glory.) Anyway, John MacArthur has show fruit (we are living trees (Psalm 1), and Christ is our soil and sun. Thus, what we produce will be of the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. These are shown in him by His faith in God.

There are also some bad translations that were changed purposefully to change the meaning. One example would be the NIV (New International Version). That does not mean that it is fully corrupt, because there are some good translations in there.

And I, myself, am going to refrain from quoting scripture, for the reason that a verse in mine may not be the same as a verse in yours, and so we could end up confusing each other even more. (please note that I’m not saying you shouldn’t have been quoting it, I’m just saying that it may be better to just say something along the lines of: “Somewhere it says that {insert lesson here}. It’s probably in {insert book here}”))

Very nice, and I see your point, which indeed has merit. But I shall still post verses on here and direct quotations when I feel the need. Not that I’m completely ignoring your statement. I’m acknowledging it. 🙂 But I feel that it is my duty to show where one should go to look at this. Then you could see the difference. A good website that my pastor uses is Bible Hub. You can look at basically any translation on there anywhere in the Bible. It can be confusing at times, but it works!

Haha! Yeah, me too!

Pin It on Pinterest