fb

Reply To: Anyone doing Inktober?

Forums Art Art Discussions Anyone doing Inktober? Reply To: Anyone doing Inktober?

DeepRun
@deeprun

@sageinthemeadow

I actually think it’s a great piece, especially the textures.  Vivid difference between the curtain, smoke, and windowpane.  Reminds me of something out of a Dicken’s book.

Watercolor is still probably my favorite.  Even the “oops” moments can turn out amazing.  It’s always made a lot of sense to me.

And with digital… I’ve spent many hours staring at the screen.  It’s very intimidating.  Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials.  But if you can do watercolor like that, you absolutely have the skills to cross over.

@chalice

Corel Painter is the main competitor to Adobe Photoshop.  It has more outright painting features than Photoshop. Disadvantages are that it’s not as easy to draw shapes or manipulate text.  But they have a feature where you mix paint and it behaves uncannily like real life.  Except nothing dries out. Nor can you sit on your palette accidentally (true story).  So, yes, I could talk about art all day.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by DeepRun. Reason: Spelling mistake
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by DeepRun.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by DeepRun.

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Pin It on Pinterest