Reply To: The Art of Female Characters(Which I Coincidentally Need Help With)

Forums Fiction Characters The Art of Female Characters(Which I Coincidentally Need Help With) Reply To: The Art of Female Characters(Which I Coincidentally Need Help With)

Taylor Clogston
@taylorclogston

You say your character sounds cool, but I don’t even really think she does on paper =P

No living family members means she doesn’t have any interesting and untidy filial responsibilities to deal with. Rash means she doesn’t have much internal conflict when push comes to shove. Being immune to insults and being stubborn means she doesn’t have to ever worry about being vulnerable. All that combined with difficulty fitting into society and doing sword stuff screams “I’m not like other girls!” which is a trope a lot of people dislike.

What are the conflicting things in her life that demand her allegiance and resources? What has she done in her past that she regrets? What makes her and her arc different from the rest of the main characters? What is the thing for which people will be reading her chapters (or sections or whatever)?

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest