Reply To: RPfL: Another one!

Forums Fiction Characters RPfL: Another one! Reply To: RPfL: Another one!

The Fledgling Artist
@the-fledgling-artist

Elaine, I know what it feels like to be obsessed with something like this. It feels like you have nothing better to be doing, so you keep doing it. But I promise you if you take a step back eventually you’ll find all the things you could have been doing. I recommend scheduling out blocks of time that you purpose to stay off of, SE or whatever else you’re struggling with. I know I’m just a random person on the internet, but I genuinely want the best for you, and I know that the longer you hold on to an obsession the harder it is to let it go.

Something I find helpful is to braindump a list of activities the day before, try to come up with as many as possible. Then prioritize what’s more important or productive. Then try to stay away from anything you’re obsessed with (at least) until you’ve finished everything on the list.

If you can’t think of stuff to put on your list I’d love to try and help you come up with a few things, (and I bet the others would too.)

Sorry if this advice is unwanted.. I just felt that It couldn’t not be said. (I’m very much a mom-friend type of person. xD)

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest