fb

Reply To: Poetry Collections

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Poetry Collections Reply To: Poetry Collections

Martina
@martina

Hello @evelyn ! (Thanks, @libby , for letting me know about this post 🙂 ) Right now, I am actually working on putting together a short anthology of my best/favorite short stories, flash fiction, and poetry. The (working) title of the anthology is “A Silver Thread” (Dickens reference; I’m a nerd), and I am using the connection of time to link everything/most everything I am including in the collection together. Time is a pretty vague subject, but I consider it to

I don’t think that this has to be the case for everyone, though– if there isn’t a specific theme that shows up in many of your poetry, the collection doesn’t have to have a specific theme. On the other hand, if you want to see, say, color (to use a more abstract theme), be the overall focus of your collection, try to either pick some of your poetry with that theme or write some more. 🙂

To summarize all of that: I don’t think it is necessary to have a plot/theme throughout your collection, but if it turns out that you kind of already do based on the subjects you tend to write about, go with it.  Hope this helps!

A writer is a world trapped in a person. -Victor Hugo

Pin It on Pinterest