fb

Reply To: What audience would a historical fiction attract?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What audience would a historical fiction attract? Reply To: What audience would a historical fiction attract?

ScarletImmortalized
@scarletimmortalized

@ericawordsmith EEK!!! I love G.A. Henty!! His books are the ones I grew up reading! I listen to Jim Hodges audio books but I have one of the audio dramas! The rest are on my wishlist! Haha I wish there was a Private Message so we could geek out!

Also, I may or may not have a full sized confederate flag hanging proudly in my room…or a small stars and bars above my bed…or a confederate hat *taps fingers together*. I really love history, though I have a really hard time with Civil War books because the one’s I’ve read are stuffed full of revisionist history.

There will be good and bad on both sides. To quote my all time favorite author. “It was Sam’s first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man’s name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would rather have stayed there in peace.”

@samantha-pen
Have any historical tips? Maybe (when I actually finish) you would be interested in beta-reading?

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Pin It on Pinterest