fb

Reply To: Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there? Reply To: Any guys out there?

Ara
@itisastarrynight

@theinconceivable1 Ah sorry for the confusian! I am a girl 🙂 I just said “we men” to refer to that we are humans. Also forgive my unpoliteness for not introducing myself. Hi!
Ahh yes.. Recently I’ve been disappointed by unanswered prayers and having to wait, too. Not that I am in the same boat as you, but maybe I can see where you are coming from.

I think the value found in discussion, or seeking other’s opinions varies. If I am unsure of
what a scripture means I may ask a couple of different people what they think. The truth is
maybe they’re seeing something I am not! This has been the case before for me, so it really
can be helpful sometimes. I think God can and does reveal things to us through what other people say.

Many today proclaim to know Him, and don’t–even those in our Churches! I find it a waste of time to ask these folk questions about Scripture(matt.7:20) So I want to be sure those I am talking to really are following Christ. And I don’t want to cause argument, either. (because of this I shy away from internet discussions, but perhaps it is a good way to talk to varied people groups with different perspectives)

So there really isn’t anything wrong of discussion in of itself I think, but you wouldn’t want to go about it trying to “win”. It really just depends on the motive for discussion that can be bad. It is just most important to have this as the “side dish” and not the “main dish”, if you get my drift. Even when there are things in the Bible we do not understand(happened to me today,again)we should look to scripture and trust (and pray!)that by the Holy Spirit’s aid it will explain itself. Even though I oft get confused about this thing or that thing, it is more important to simply diligently try living out all that I do understand in scripture, along with praying that God would help me understand. God certainly does reveal himself through what other people say, but the Bible is the clearest word from God. And anything anyone says in discussion should be compared to scripture before denied or accepted into a part of our beleif. People’s minds lack understanding, but God’s word is complete and accurate.

I think there is something worth mentioning to caution when it comes to discussion. If you ask “what is this verse saying?” it may be unprofitable to just draw out millions of other verses and say, “well it can’t surely be saying this because of this other scripture”. It is good to compare verses because they do explain one another, but instead of doing the former can we just simply sit down and think about what it does mean?

James 1:5, “If any one of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering”
1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
Proverbs 2:3-5 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!