fb

Reply To: Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there? Reply To: Any guys out there?

Eden Anderson
@eden-anderson

@parker

Oh, cool! So obviously my assumptions about no Mennonites around here was wrong. πŸ˜› I love surprises. πŸ˜€ Especially happy ones. As for book recommendations…ummm…well I can suggest some magazines that are written for Anabaptists and by them and stuff like that… but I don’t know if that’s what your looking for????Β  Here’s the link for a magazine that my sister illustrates for. It’s for Mennonite youth, but it’s fairly new so their first issue is coming out in October. ButΒ  you can check out their website:Β https://www.crosswindmagazine.com/

Have you ever heard of the Biblical Mennonite Alliance (BMA) That’s the affiliation that my church belongs to. Google it and you’ll come up with something.Β  (I don’t know how accurate it will be, though. πŸ˜€) You could look it up on Wikipedia.
Yeah, so we practice the headship veiling as well, although we don’t have any rules on what it should be. Hat, scarf, veil, doily, motorcycle helmet, you name it…(okay, so the helmet is not a thing.πŸ˜›) And we say that you should dress modestly and although we have very basic guidelines we mostly leave it up to people’s own personal convictions.
I think it’s really cool that you’re on here. There arn’t many Anabaptists in the literary world, and don’t know like any who write fiction or fantasy. Even if you don’t write, we need more Mennonite artists too. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Eden Anderson.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Pin It on Pinterest