fb

Reply To: Any guys out there?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any guys out there? Reply To: Any guys out there?

The Fledgling Artist
@the-fledgling-artist

sorry boys, another gal is going to invade your thread.

@eden-anderson
No way, I’m Mennonite too! (I didn’t grow up Mennonite for the first 6 or 7 years of my life, but at some point my family joined a Mennonite church.) So I agree with what you have said, although we (my family) use the term nonresistance rather then pacifism. They are very close, but not quite the same thing. The difference is that nonresistance in addition to not harming or killing others,  it’s also the idea of not getting involved in government activities. War being a prime example. But that would also include joining the police force, or voting. I know there are lots of “flavors” (as my dad likes to put it) of Mennonite s so I’m sure our worldview isn’t totally the same. But it’s very cool for me to bump into another Anabaptist!

For all of you who are stalking this thread along with me, and have any questions..Or challenges on anything I’ve said I would love to try to answer you! I don’t think I am a very knowledgeable person but I’ll do my best!😊

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Pin It on Pinterest