fb

Reply To: Any other poets out there??? *eagerly searches the horizon*

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Any other poets out there??? *eagerly searches the horizon* Reply To: Any other poets out there??? *eagerly searches the horizon*

Libby
@libby

Hey, just saw this, but I wanted to drop by and say that I write poetry.  I started as a little girl with some funky poems, and when I turned thirteen, began to write seriously.  I guess you could say right now, I keep on improving.  I love poetry – reading it and writing it.
Favorite poets would be William Wordsworth (love his poem She Was a Phantom of Delight), Robert Browning, Emily Dickenson, Robert Frost, JRR Tolkien, and Robert Louis Stevenson.
I write both freeverse and structural poetry.  I think there’s heaps of beauty in each kind.  Rhythmic storytelling and emotion dumping is lovely and sort of mysterious and musical.  Free styling it, I feel, is more raw and can convey deeper emotions.  I love them both. 🙂
Hymns are definitely on the list of things I love to read and sing.  The poetry and meaning is absolutely amazing!
Occasionally I do write a song, but that only comes when a song inspiration and a writing inspiration arrive in my mind at the same instant.
Sorry this is so long, and I hope it answers the questions. 🙂

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon