fb

Reply To: "hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you kill my father, prepare to die!"

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself "hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you kill my father, prepare to die!" Reply To: "hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you kill my father, prepare to die!"

Evelyn
@evelyn

@theinconceivable1 Thanks for being honest and not afraid to share critiques! I really do appreciate it!

“Alright Evelyn, first I have no Idea what a “contemporary dystopia” is so please enlighten me XD”

Right. xD

So basically “contemporary” means it’s set in a modern setting and “dystopia” means it’s about a dystopian society. (Opposite of utopian, which means perfect.)

Thanks for clearly laying out your points… that was helpful. And there is one thing I do want to point out about your fourth bullet.

So the character jumps out the window, but it hints that it was the plan all along and he was going to be picked up but a man in a helicopter… maybe I didn’t make that clear enough?

And then to why he was there in the first place and questions along those lines – those will be answered later… basically the purpose of the short story was to mess around with the writing style and mess around with some thoughts that I had been thinking through when I wrote it.

You make some good points though and I really appreciate your openness and honesty – it’s good to know that there are some people willing to overcome feeling awkward about hurting someone’s feelings so that they can help them improve! Thanks!