fb

Reply To: How do I put this?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions How do I put this? Reply To: How do I put this?

Eden Anderson
@eden-anderson

@wordsmith

Hey, great question…I totally understand where your coming from. You feel like you need a better, more solid foundation in writing but you don’t know where to look or where to turn and the choices are overwhelming. (That’s how I feel anyway. 😀)

I’d like to suggest The Great Courses lecture –Writing Great Fiction: Storytelling Tips and Techniques.

This is an amazing course and if you don’t mind spending some money, I don’t think you will regret buying this course.

Here’s a short Course description:

…”in this course of 24 lectures, a professional novelist will guide you through a survey of the most important concepts and techniques behind the creation of contemporary prose fiction, using examples from a wide range of classic novels and stories, as well as some demonstrations of his own process. By taking you step by step through such topics as creating characters, composing dialogue, crafting plots, and using different points of view, this course will help you get that book out of your head and heart and into the hands of readers.”

I’ve gone through this course twice and I have found it incredibly helpful and enjoyable. I highly recommend it.

The Great Courses offers their courses through their website, App Store, Google Play, Kindle fire, and Amazon.

Here’s the link to their website

https://.thegreatcourses.com

Even if this isn’t what you think your looking for or your just not interested I would still encourage you to check it out.

Hope this helps! 😀

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Pin It on Pinterest