fb

Reply To: Christian Romance?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Christian Romance? Reply To: Christian Romance?

Cassandra Hamm
@cassandraia

@daeus-lamb I agree with what you said, and I really don’t have much to add to it. Especially this paragraph: “So what I want to see is some very real stories about people with romantic attractions who are struggling to figure out what to do. I want to see their doubts and insecurities. I want to see where they are excessive or too cool. I want to understand their happiness or their sinking regret as if it were my own. I don’t want a guidebook, but I do want a very real journey with lessons along the way. And while I definitely don’t want erotica, I do want to feel excited for the characters.” Yes. Yes. Yes.

And I love what you said about Song of Songs. I’m glad you addressed it because I feel like not enough Christians do. 😛

@emgc
That makes sense. I wasn’t trying to disregard your opinion, just so you know; I was just making sure you weren’t referring to perfect people in perfect relationships. 😉 Yes, even if they’re in a broken relationship, they should hopefully learn–which could be lessons about what to avoid in a romantic relationship and what not to do next time, the kind of person to watch out for, etc. I have been in two romantic relationships and have learned immensely from them, mostly about what not to do. XP So I think bad examples can be just as much of a teacher as good examples, if not more–as long as the people catch that it’s supposed to be bad. If the bad relationship is held up as a symbol of undying love, that’s where I’m concerned. 😛

I crush readers' souls like grapes.

Pin It on Pinterest