Reply To: Hey There!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hey There! Reply To: Hey There!

Buddy J.
@wordsmith

@emgc
That’s amazing! For me to tell you how long I’ve been playing would be hard with an exact number… but I’ll try.

I got the ocarina when I was nine-ish (I think…), and never got any good at it for several years, because I wasn’t consistent enough with it, and I didn’t have a teacher. But over the past five years, somehow I got proficient enough to start playing by ear (weakly). Just this spring I picked it back up after a while of not playing, and realized that I could actually play by ear. I’m not amazing with it, but can play by ear, and am improving. I don’t read music yet… but it’s on my list.

The song I am best at, and I play around with tonguing techniques and speed on is a song I learned by singing in The Book of Psalms for Singing… though I don’t remember it’s number/letter.

Christmas carols are catchy, and I can remember them more easily, so you may hear me playing those in the middle of the summer. I also really like playing A Mighty Fortress Is Our God.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Buddy J..

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest