Reply To: Cranky Old Man Syndrome

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Cranky Old Man Syndrome Reply To: Cranky Old Man Syndrome

Evelyn
@evelyn

@the-inkspiller I think I understand how you feel, correct me if I’m wrong.

Sometimes life is really hard and dark and while your dealing with that socializing with happy, go-lucky friends is depressing and shallow. I’ve been in situations and social circles (and actually am right now,) where it’s always, just always happy and an “I’m doing amazing!” and where people aren’t up front or honest about their struggles. It makes me feel like I can’t sit with someone to just talk about the harder, darker side of life without them looking down on me, feeling like they won’t actually open up and share. All I want is someone to discuss troubles how to over come it which is what I want to do. Thankfully I do have friends like that I can open up with and be honest with, but only being in a situation where everyone is wearing a mask, where everyone is saying they’re fine, they’re amazing, can be depressing and bad for a person.

Is that what you are experiencing? Or have I misunderstood?

I’m personally a someone who sees the use of darker stories, of talking about struggles and not sugar-coating life in your stories, but I’ve already talked about that with you. How can it ever help someone to lie about the struggles of life? I don’t know, I feel like I’m ranting now, so I’ll stop. ­čśŤ

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Evelyn.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Evelyn.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest