Reply To: *deep breath before the plunge*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *deep breath before the plunge* Reply To: *deep breath before the plunge*

Evelyn
@evelyn

@e-b-raulands

First of all, sorry for taking a long time to get back. I was out of town. 🙂

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Shel Silverstein before (could you tell me a little more about this poet?), but I do know Emily Dickinson; have you ever read Dickinson’s “The Bustle in a House” or “To Make a Prairie”?

Shel Silverstein is a kid’s picture book writer and poet. (Also play-writer I think, though I’ve not read any of them.) His book The Giving Tree is one of my favorite children’s picture books and so if you want a really sad but very sweet  story about life check it out. 🙂 His poetic styles are very unique and silly and you can find one of his collections at a library probably if you’re curious.

I’ve not read either of those Dickinson’s poems. Are those your favorite poems of hers?

What is your favorite subject to write poetry on?

I would say I have three different sort of genres and subjects to my poems. On one side my poetry reflects things I am going through and I find poetry to be a good way to just get my thoughts down and express my troubles and hopes. I also enjoy to write poems that are more silly and fun, making fun of little sibling’s fights or writer’s block, and then sometimes I like use a more fantastical feel and write in a more sonnet style about trolls, elves, or other sorts of creatures.

What about you? What do you like to write poetry about?

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest