Reply To: So… I guess people make a new topic to introduce themselves?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself So… I guess people make a new topic to introduce themselves? Reply To: So… I guess people make a new topic to introduce themselves?

Abbey Bishop
@a_small_mousepad

I can’t dance at all either! Yet I somehow get roles in musicals…

All Suburban’s must have had about 300 kids in my particular choir. It’s a rather interesting experience. All of the high schools in St. Louis County (there’s a whole lot of them) can have students audition to participate in the group. (I think they have band and orchestra groups too.) Usually, a few students from each school will get chosen. Those students will recieve the sheet music and they have to learn the pieces by themselves or with the help of their choir teachers. There are only two rehearsals. One a week from the performance with only your voice part and one the day of the performance with the rest of the parts. I’ve only done it once (I’m starting my sophomore year in a month), but I was ill prepared and had terrible vowels. I really hope I’ll pass the auditions again.

My school is a relatively small building compared to the amount of students they stuff in there (1000+). Our choir program has a few different choirs. Mixed choir (the lowest) which has about 30 students. Concert choir which has about 100 students. And then there’s Women’s Chamber Choir (the highest) which has about 10 students.

I was apart of Mixed choir my entire freshman year, but I’m jumping up to Chamber Choir this next year. Which sounds like an accomplishment, but isn’t really. Very few people take choir seriously at my school. I’m just one of the few.

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest