Reply To: Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons Reply To: Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Laurel
@law0413

You know you’re a writer when you find part of a cow bone just sitting on the beach and you’re like “Awesome! Now I can describe bone spears better!” and you really want to tell your dad and younger sister about how it relates to your novel but you’d have to explain too much and you’d get some judgmental looks from the sister so you just suffer in silence looking at it. Or when you nearly get knocked off your surfboard because you’re planning the next scene in your novel and didn’t notice a big wave sneaking up on you.

Or when you’re watching the new Jumanji with your friends and wishing the screenwriters had swapped some (i.e. all) of the inappropriate jokes for character and plot development (and wishing you could have been on the staff because UGH!)

Or when you’re writing something like this and your other sister is like “why are you talking about cow bones” as she reads over your shoulder. Made my point for me!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Laurel.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Laurel.

I say I won’t buy any more books until I’ve finished the ones I have, and then I laugh at myself.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest