Reply To: Traditional Publishing Anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Traditional Publishing Anyone? Reply To: Traditional Publishing Anyone?

A.N. Parker
@bigideaskc

My story, Paper Adventures, is a middle school chapter book about some twins whose drawings come alive. They have to keep them out of trouble and try to figure out how to send them back but they have no idea how. Here is the summary I wrote the other day: 🙂

“Allen and Allie Moore’s rainy Saturday afternoon suddenly turns upside down when their drawings crawl right out of their pages. Things burn, tear, break, and tangle as the curious Bob family explore the strange human world for a couple days. Then the problem only grows when the twins are pulled with the drawings back into their paper world and are submerged into a completely new culture where everyone is at the moment trying to answer the same question: What is going on?”

I’m glad that was helpful, @evelyn! 😀 I love that description, by the way, and the idea of Paper Adventures. When it comes out, that’s definitely something I’d love to check out! 😀

And you talked about finding your publisher, how long did that take and how to you go about doing that? Thanks!

Well, it really depends. Like I said earlier, if it’s a publisher in your state, then it may be easy to find one. If there’s no one, it might get kind of hard. (By the way, it’s MUCH more expensive to traditionally publish a book than to self-publish it.)

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest