Reply To: Traditional Publishing Anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Traditional Publishing Anyone? Reply To: Traditional Publishing Anyone?

A.N. Parker
@bigideaskc

or even better writers who have done both self-publishing and traditional and can compare with first hand experience. (Please tag someone you know who can help!)

@evelyn
    I have done that, haha, and although I haven’t finished the process of traditional publishing yet, I can help out a little, hopefully. Thanks for tagging me. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. What are the ups and downs of traditional publishing?
    2. Did you get an agent? If so how? Or just send it to a publisher or editor?
    3. What should I expect if I try for traditional publishing,
    4. And do you have any tips or suggestions?

Hmm… Alright. Let me answer these one-by-one. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Traditional publishing requires submitting chapters to the editor, trying to get a book cover through the publisher, etc. PRO: It is good because the publishers can then promote your book and help it grow, whereas if you self-publish it, you have to promote it manually. CON: It is sort of a hard process, since it requires time and effort to try to find the right person, and you have to deal with the sometimes painful edits your grammar and storyline editor may have.
    2. You don’t need an agent, at least not that I’m aware of, if there’s a publisher in your state. When we were first looking for a publisher, we actually found one right here in our state and we were able to connect with them.
    3. What should you expect? Well, if you’re talking about an end result, that’s hard to say for me, since I haven’t finished the process. But during the process? Well, expect some stress, but it will be WAAAAY worth it in the end, when you have the book in your hand. ๐Ÿ™‚
    4. Tips or suggestions? Well, first of all, why are you asking? Without asking for any personal information, what type of book (genre) are you writing, or what is it about? For example, we self-published my short children’s book, but with this novel, I think it should definitely be traditionally published.

Hope I can help! ๐Ÿ˜€

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest