Reply To: Looking for laptop recommendations

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Looking for laptop recommendations Reply To: Looking for laptop recommendations

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
@thewirelessblade

I’m actually looking for a new laptop myself.

The laptop I got now is about three years old, has been dropped 7-8 time and needs the cooling fan fixed. I think it’s time for a new one. Both for me and for you.

Things you should be looking for in a laptop:

RAM:

The RAM is part of what makes a laptop load something. If you’re looking for a gaming/writing/whatever-else-you-might-need-it-for laptop, 8 GB’s of RAM is what you’re looking for. But if not, 4 GB is a good option.

Processor:

The processor speed is also a part of load applications on a computer. If you’re like me trying to play games on my laptop, you’ll want to aim for something over 2.0 GHz. If not, try to stay over 2.0 GHz anywho, as that will help load any fancy stuff you’re using.

Hard Drive:

For writers of any kind, this one will be VERY important. The larger the hard drive, the more you can fit into your laptop, which in turn means that you can write more stories! If you’re a penny pincher, aim for about 100 GB, though you can find laptops with 500 GB easily.

Try websites like Craigslist, Ebay, Facebook (Yes, Facebook), etc… And make sure that the laptop you plan on getting isn’t old and ruined.

Good luck! – Blade

@gabriellepollack

I have an HP Pavilion too!

*Forum Signature here*

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest