Reply To: Eragon

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Eragon Reply To: Eragon

Sam Kowal
@sam-kowal

@jane-maree Yes. Anne Mcaffrey, was who I noticed. I did love the stuff that happened with the dragons, though.

@inkling-for-christ
The mental link was probably my favorite thing too, plus the energy system.

So, for Star Warsy stuff, it usually goes:

Eragon- young farmboy whose uncle/parental figure gets killed by agents of an evil empire

Luke Skywalker – young farmboy whose parental figures get killed by agents of an evil empire

Brom- A mentor figure who saves the young farmboy, takes him on a quest to fight against the evil empire, and teaches him the ways of an ancient order of knights who used special powers to fight evil (Riders)

Obi Wan – A mentor figure who saves the young farmboy, takes him on a quest to fight against the evil empire, and teaches him the ways of an ancient order of knights who used special powers to fight evil (Jedi)

The Empire (Eragon version) – an evil government who holds the world in oppression and whose leader took over after destroying the old order, which upheld peace in the world (Riders)

The Empire (Star Wars version)  an evil government who holds the world in oppression and whose leader took over after destroying the old order, which upheld peace in the world (Jedi)

The Evil leader (Eragon version) Formerly a young and powerful member of the old order (Riders) who became corrupted and betrayed the order, eventually destroying the order from the inside out and taking his place as the new ruler of the empire (Galbatorix)

The Evil leader (Star Wars version) Formerly a young and powerful member of the old order (Jedi) who became corrupted and betrayed the order, eventually destroying the order from the inside out and taking his place as the new ruler of the empire (Anakin/Darth Vader)

Hero has a colorful sword- In Eragon, its the Rider’s blade, in Star Wars, the lightsaber

Mentor gives the hero his first colorful sword at the start of the mission – Brom and Obi Wan both do this

Secret group of people who fight against evil Empire – Star Wars has the Rebel Alliance, Eragon has the Varden

😛 Okay, sorry for the long post XD I guess there are more similarities than I remembered

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
I would have saved you one!

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest