fb

Reply To: I have to do world-building on two worlds at once– tips?

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding I have to do world-building on two worlds at once– tips? Reply To: I have to do world-building on two worlds at once– tips?

Daeus Lamb
@daeus-lamb

Quickly? Oh, boy. You can create speculative worlds pretty quickly if you know about cultures and societal structures in general, but historical researchΒ is hard to do quickly. I’d definitely recommend getting a handle on the major locations and events you want to incorporate into your story, so you can research those. Then I’d get books that cover fashion, technology, culture, and anything else that’s going to come up in everyday life. You can study the different Brittish dialects on youtube.

It’s tough stuff. I think that’s why a lot of historical fiction writers stay in one era for several books, because the research is so intense. I’m going to write a historical fiction book here in an estimated 6-8 years and I’m planning to give myself 3-4 years beforehand to do the proper research (while still writing other books at the same time.)

πŸ˜€
πŸ‘•πŸ‘
πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒