fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Sarah
@ajstoryteller

@gbfruitbat

1) Name: Ciranna

Ambra

2) Age: like 30s or 40s.  It’s kinda hard to tell since she’s sort of alien- or faerie-like

Her people are of the deceptive aging sort lol. She’s in her 130’s

3) Career/Role in Story: I’d say not the MC…maybe like a motherly character or a mentor??

Spot on! She is the mentor character of one of the MCs… though she’s also a secondary protagonist too. A lot of her problems do revolve around her being a mother too.

4) Personality: quiet and wise, but with a fiery side

YES. She’s very calm and stoic, and definitely comes off as being the person in the room who always knows what to do… but she doesn’t, and can only hope that what she does know is enough. She is not the sort to start a fight, though there definitely is a fiery temper burning deep within her yet.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: probably yes

Yes. Without a second thought. She needs a hug.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: not really…

Details I put in: Those inky black markings are burn scars, from her days as a soldier in her youth. I tried to give her decorative armor a feathered look, to hint toward her being a phoenix.

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: N/A

She has had many titles throughout her life, her most prominent former titles of General and Queen. As for nicknames, there is one friend she has that can get away with them.

8) Character’s greatest strength: she’s a natural diplomat and knows when to concede and when to stand her ground

Definitely. She keeps a good head under pressure and does her best to protect and guide those in her care. She also knows when to admit she was wrong and apologize. When she speaks, everyone shuts up and listens, and those that follow her would follow her to the end.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: she often tries to take on things on her own

I think that works. She would definitely try to fix everything her self and not put others in danger if she could. But as of right now in story, she physically can’t, and she’s also surrounded with equally stubborn individuals who refuse to let her deal with it on her own.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “let me do the talking, okay?”

She has a naturally authoritative but graceful voice… the closest example would be Cate Blanchett’s Galadriel I think, but maybe a little lower. She picks her words carefully and keeps her tone level… though once in a while she might use some rougher speech, leftover from her youthful days at war.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): gold and white?

Gold and golden orange or amber, with accents of black or white.

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): ummm…I feel like she’d have a younger brother that she had to take care of and who’s always getting into trouble

She doesn’t have any siblings, though she has a close friend who’s practically a brother to her, who’s very loud, boisterous, and would be far more prone to get himself into trouble… man would fistfight a dragon if he was given the chance…

As for her parents… if they are still alive, she probably hasn’t spoken to them in a loooong time.

13) Single or taken?: single, maybe?

Single. She was ‘married’ (it was an arranged thing, and the only purpose of the union was to produce an heir) to the King. Her culture doesn’t really view or practice marriage like we do. Their culture is very practical and self-serving, and love is seen as something that gets in the way of things.

14) Characters children (if any?): none

One biological son that she was very close to, and one son she emotionally adopted that is currently a villain. She also has a chronic case of “Compulsive Adoption Disorder” where any person younger than her in desperate of love or care will suddenly acquire a new mother figure.

15) Characters hobbies: likes to sketch

I don’t think she’s discovered a specific activity that’d she’d do only out of enjoyment alone, but some characters might introduce her to one or two. She does enjoy sparring with her friend, which, after years of the practice, comes with ease and they often fall into a casual conversation while doing so.

16) Greatest fear: the people she’s cares about dying

More specifically that her failing to protect them results in that. Failing the trust and needs of those in her care has already happened before, and she can’t let that happen again.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: just wants her life to go back to normal

Right now she has an immediate goal of stopping the villain and fixing her mistake, but personal dreams aren’t something she’s really considered, though they are definitely there. She wants a family. One that feels whole, that isn’t just made out of blood and contracts, but honest love and care.

18) Darkest Secret: idk really…

Her secrets tie in with those of other people, especially her sons, and she believes she failed them.

19) Peculiarities: doesn’t eat when she’s stressed out

Maybe. She’s also seven feet tall. A lot of her peculiarities result from her culture, which has a very cynical view on relationships among emotions and attachments in general. She’s an oddity in her own world for her attachments and more sentimental approach to things, which likely started with her and her friend needing to rely on the other on the battlefield.

20) The meaning of their name (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): means “cloudy/stormy”

I just took the word ‘amber’ and tweaked it.

Thank you for guessing for her! You actually got pretty close. I’ll wait a bit and give someone else chance to guess for yours, otherwise I’ll guess sometime later today.

Pin It on Pinterest