fb

Reply To: non outliner seeking help and support

Forums Fiction Plotting non outliner seeking help and support Reply To: non outliner seeking help and support

Jodi Janz
@mountains

Hi Kayla,

Writing a full length novel is a huge feat. I am a panster myself, but have studied plotting extensively to help me be more intuitive in my writing.  One of the main reasons people say not to edit as you go is because the editor part of your brain is different than the creative side. It becomes very disjointed to move between the two.

One technique you could try is to write creatively until you are done for that day. Close the document -DO NOT edit it. Then the next time you sit down to write, read what you wrote last time,  make small edits and adjustments, then open a new page – (even a new document to help keep the two very separate in your brain) and write creatively until you are done for that day. Close the document.

Then repeat the process. It may help you get further into the story without stopping to backtrack.

I hope this helps inspire you a little. You will find your way (your own process) the more you write. So keep writing Kayla!

Let me know if this helped or if you might need other ideas. 😉

Pin It on Pinterest