fb

Reply To: Hi everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi everyone! Reply To: Hi everyone!

Blooming Grace
@lady-grace

@emily-waldorf
I like Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, and Chuck Black (although I’ve only read the Kingdom and Knights series. Aside from their books, I like the Bronze Bow (Elizabeth George Speare) and The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins).
My sister wants to read A Tale of Two Cities! I think she found it at a library near us.

I used to say I didn’t have a genre I liked, but it’s beginning to dawn on me that I enjoy mysteries!

I’ve never actually read mystery, mainly just fantasy. What do you like about it?

Congrats on being almost done with your first draft! That’s exciting! What’s the book about

I used to tell people “a handsome idiot that saves a world from these creatures called Dintey.” but I don’t think that fits anymore (thank goodness, haha). My MC’s name is Finnegan. His town is attacked by a witch’s army and his family is taken captive.
He ends up in a somewhat magical land and discovers not only is it where he is actually from, he also has a power called the Gift. The Gift can not be commanded and only works when you have a lot of genuine hope.
Finn trains to rescue his family and a war begins.
The queen has sees something in Finn, but he doesn’t understand that he has a purpose. That God has a plan and will use him. Especially when he continues to seemingly fail. But as events continue to take place, he realizes that he does have a purpose, and while God doesn’t need him, He wants him.
I think in the second draft, I will make part of the book from the pov of Ava Wolfe, a war orphan. She believes her only worth is in her skill with the bow, but Finn doesn’t see her that way. He’ll probably become the first friend she’s had in years.
So yeah, that’s my current WIP. I’m excited for the second draft to fix all of my beginning writer stupidity haha. I’m also eager for book two (totally haven’t been writing scenes from it already 😉 ). It is going to focus more on redemption and trusting in God.

What do you like to write?

haha, that’s pretty much how I felt when I joined a few months ago. Don’t worry, you’re doing everything fine!

I’ve been getting my sister Emma to show me how to do stuff haha

A long-hidden tale may hold the answers-and the healing-they so desperately seek.
~Set the Stars Alight

Pin It on Pinterest