fb

Reply To: Hello

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Reply To: Hello

Elena N
@elena-n

It’s still in the very early development, but so far it’s going to be a very loose retelling of “And then there were none”. Well, the only thing they have in common is the concept of a story seeming to be reenacted in real life. The premise is that a local academy is going to put on a ballet, and then people begin mysteriously dying and being injured in the same way. The only way I can describe the genre is that it’s a “dark academia” novel XD It’s a cool genre and I want to try it out. Some of the themes are friendships falling apart and a subversion of the “Not like other girls/mean girl” trope. The bubbly, popular “shallow” sidekick is the POV character, while the “Not like other girls” character functions as a kind of antagonist. More emotionally than anything else, but it’ll be really interesting! I temporarily titled it “Murder of Swans” but I’ll be changing that eventually! I’m really excited about it, I feel like it might end up being something!

Oh, that sounds interesting. I don’t really know much about that genre, but it seems like it could be fun. The characters sound really cool, especially how you’re twisting the tropes.

I started listening to it and it’s awesome! Thanks for sharing!

No, problem! I’m glad you like it! 🙂

Oh, wow, that’s an awesome premise! I love the concept, it sounds so interesting, and the color idea sounds so vivid!

thanks! The colours unfortunately have less to do with the story then I originally hope/planned but if I can’t weave them back in, I think I’ll probably write a prequel since the colour aspect of the world was used a lot more before things were banned. 😛

@elena-n Sorry for the delay!

A murder mystery sounds fun! Would you want to share more about it?

It’s still in the very early development, but so far it’s going to be a very loose retelling of “And then there were none”. Well, the only thing they have in common is the concept of a story seeming to be reenacted in real life. The premise is that a local academy is going to put on a ballet, and then people begin mysteriously dying and being injured in the same way. The only way I can describe the genre is that it’s a “dark academia” novel XD It’s a cool genre and I want to try it out. Some of the themes are friendships falling apart and a subversion of the “Not like other girls/mean girl” trope. The bubbly, popular “shallow” sidekick is the POV character, while the “Not like other girls” character functions as a kind of antagonist. More emotionally than anything else, but it’ll be really interesting! I temporarily titled it “Murder of Swans” but I’ll be changing that eventually! I’m really excited about it, I feel like it might end up being something!

The podcast is called Write on Cue you can either check it out on Spotify or go to our site, which is writeoncuepodcast.com

I started listening to it and it’s awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Right now I’m working on a Fantasy which is currently called Colours, though I hope to rename it soon. It’s about a girl, Helene, who is banished from her town in a world where art can come to life and colours can change emotions. But the people banished art and colour to keep themselves safe from it being abused. As a result of that and a few other things, their world is slowly dying and Helene has to try to save it. I really like the world and characters so far.

Oh, wow, that’s an awesome premise! I love the concept, it sounds so interesting, and the color idea sounds so vivid!

My favorite character? Hmm…that’s hard. I really don’t know. I like all my characters. In my last WIP I had a cute little robot guy that was fun. Do you have a favorite character that you’ve written?

Oh, absolutely, choosing favorite characters is really hard XD I think one of my favorites is a redeemed villain I’m writing in my current WIP. He’s so interesting and has so many layers. I love writing his voice, his backstory, just everything about it is interesting and just fun to write!

He sounds like a really good character.

When the darkness presses around, the light will shine brighter.

Pin It on Pinterest