fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Joshua Scheele
@storysmith

@erynne

1) Name: Nia Or Gia

I was thinking of Alsa but Nia is a great option too

2) Age: 17

I was thinking of 16-17

3) Career/Role in Story: Side character

At first but will be a personal friend, trainer, protector, and big sister to MC the first character I posted.

4) Personality: very quiet and softspoken with a fragile heart

She is quiet for she is a thinker, tough on the outside but downright tender-hearted on the inside.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: I feel like she needs one, so yes

Yep, her soldiers under her command admire and look up to her and would have to prove yourself to them to earn their trust if you wish to be personal friends with their captain. When she has her vulnerable moments, they see her as their little sister but still treat her as their captain. They will form ranks around her with her backs to her to give her space and privacy, especially for when she loses her betrothed.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She is dressed as a knight, but I don’t think that’s by choice

yeah did not have much of a choice but wanted to protect others just as her mentor did for her and it was something in short demand. She hopes to be a shield for others so they never have to suffer as she does.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? she doesn’t have anyone around to give her a nickname

Lady of the Dawn, she shines like the morning star with her golden hair and fair skin when the sunbeams shine upon her. Her men call her that because they know she will do all she can to see that they all live to see the dawn when the darkness closes around them.

8) Character’s greatest strength: her calming effect on people

Yes her confidence and fearlessness radiate from her on the battlefield reminding her men to breathe and think their way through the fight to survive.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: she is easily manipulated

Maybe but also she is a perfectionist as she seeks to impress her mentor as thank you for rescuing her when she was a child from slavery.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “I’m sorry, I won’t do it again, I promise.”

Yep you don’t have to tell her twice especially when she is dealing with the mentor.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): baby pink

Yes She loves the colors of peace and prosperity

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): she has family, but she doesn’t remember them. I think she was kidnapped when she was younger and is now under the power of the guys in the background of the picture. They take care of her needs, but they aren’t necessarily the nicest towards her. They also convinced her that her parents are dead.

Yes all her family were killed as her village was destroyed by raiders save for young people and children to be sold as slaves.

13) Single or taken?: single

Early in the book is she is betrothed to fine young aspiring captain who she was raised up with by her mentor among other former slave children. Spoiler – she loses him early in the book as he sacrifices himself for his men to escape. Excluding her soldiers and mentor, she becomes alone, afraid to love again.

14) Characters children (if any?): no

So far no but maybe later on

15) Characters hobbies: collecting seashells, bird watching, and most outdoor activities

Yes, she loves to have fun when others are not looking when she has to behave like a captain. When she is a captain, she studies, works out, drills recruits. She trains with weapons whenever she can so one day she can have the joy of putting them away when there is no more monsters to fight.

16) Greatest fear: being completely alone

yes, she doesn’t want to see any more people die and failure means death.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: to have a friend or someone to care about her

After her betroth dies, she often wonders if she can ever put down the sword to have a family one day if she will ever meet someone again.

18) Darkest Secret: she plans to escape because deep down she feels that her parents are alive

She is the reason her family was killed because she killed a raider as he tried to drag off her little brother. She was then punished by making her watch their deaths. This memory returns to haunt her in her grief of losing her betrothed. Always losing family.

19) Peculiarities: she chews her fingernails and daydreams a lot and she is very jumpy

Yes daydreams, but always seems aware of her surroundings, a skill of being a captain. Not sure of biting fingernails but tends to bite her lip too much when she is in deep concentration. She feels like she can never relax when she is around people she loves less she lose them too for not being careful and vigilant.

Pin It on Pinterest