fb

Reply To: Hello! Definitely haven’t been stalking for a year…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! Definitely haven’t been stalking for a year… Reply To: Hello! Definitely haven’t been stalking for a year…

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@miller

Well me and writing never had a good relationship to start with.

Same! XD I hated creative writing for most of my life. I just wasn’t good at it, so I didn’t enjoy it.

2020, some very drastic things happened. My private Christian middle school turned to virtual, my two boxers died, and, of course, COVID.

I’m so sorry about that! 🙁 I also started writing in 2020. Just with the whole lockdown and general stressful situation, I was bored and needed the distraction. So, I’m a kinda new writer too 🙂

Late 2021 I got a poem idea and have been trying to figure that out. I’m terrified of posting what I have here. I am a tiny bit afraid of you all.

Oh, I completely understand that! Posting your first piece of writing/poem/idea is one of the scariest things you will ever do in writing. Letting anyone else read your work is always intimidating, but it gets easier!

If you prefer to wait a while and get to know everyone a bit, there’s absolutely no pressure, the folks here are some of the kindest people I’ve ever known and it’s an awesome community!

I’m on the YA fiction side of things, I’ve only written two terrible poems, both of them scribbled in the notes app on my phone, so I’m not any kind of authority there, but there are a bunch of poets scattered over the forum!

Sorry about that mess. I don’t know what I want to do with writing, or what I want out of writing. I’m going to keep trying and attempting.

You don’t have anything to apologize for 🙂 I get that, I’m not planning to publish soon, so I’m just writing a bit for fun.

As long as you keep trying you’re making progress and you’re ahead of a lot of people!

As for what genres I don’t think I can answer this. I haven’t been writing anything long enough to figure it out. So sorry if this isn’t helpful.

That’s cool, you’ll get there! Trying out genres is really fun, I’ve only written historical fantasy so far, but I want to write mysteries and maybe sci-fi one day and maybe a fantasy that’s less structured and oh, so many things XD

Do you have any favorite books or writers?

(Oh, and something about the forum, you can tag someone so they’ll get a notification! Tags are right under the name and profile picture, like mine is @ rose-colored-fancy. If you paste that into your text the other person will get a notification for it! Everyone takes a while to figure that one out XD)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest