fb

Reply To: Too many ideas, maybe?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Too many ideas, maybe? Reply To: Too many ideas, maybe?

K. A. Grey
@k-a-grey

@andrew Hey there! Fellow homeschool graduate here! *high-fives*  I actually have the opposite problem, where I get writer’s block for months at a time, and I can’t think of new ideas for the life of me.  Instead I get caught up in the mechanics of writing, so I edit as I go instead of just moving forward. But I can relate about the slightly obsessive-compulsive behavior.  (Do homeschoolers have a problem with this, or is it just because we’re crazy writers?😯)  I don’t think I have an obsessive-compulsive disorder either, but I can get caught up worrying over stuff that isn’t really that important either. I need to step back and ask myself if it’s really worth worrying over, because odds are, it’s okay to let it go!  Journaling, like Taylor mentioned, can be a great way to sort out those anxious feelings so you can reevaluate.  But do what works for you!  Whether it’s journaling, exercise, a spontaneous fun activity, whatever. Also, spending time in prayer.  Just handing those cares over to the Lord gets a lot of weight off my heart, because I know I can trust Him to take care of my problems much better than I can. 🙂

Also, I don’t know if you’re a MBTI nerd like me(I’m an Infj, but sometimes test as Intj), but you could be caught in a Fi-Ni loop.  It means you get a little too withdrawn into yourself, so you might need to step back into reality  and the present by activating your senses, basically just anything that focuses on the external world rather than inside your head.  You mentioned taking a walk or drive or talking to people, and that’s actually exactly the way to help get out of the “loop,” so good job!😂 Introverted Intuition (Ni),the unconscious gut feelings, the “deeper meaning” which everything seems to have, is your tertiary function, which means that if you focus on it too much, it gets unhealthy.  Not saying you can’t use Ni, just don’t rely on it too much, because it gets, well, too much. XD

Hopefully that made sense and helps, if not just ignore it cause I get absolutely geeky about this stuff. Okay imma just disappear now…bye☺️

Pin It on Pinterest