fb

Reply To: Too many ideas, maybe?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Too many ideas, maybe? Reply To: Too many ideas, maybe?

Erynne
@erynne

@Andrew

Good morning! (At least its morning for me)

This happens to me all the time. People think writing is easy but it isn’t, and this is a common struggle we all face as writers. It seems like I either have a thousand different ideas in my head for 6 different plot ideas or I can’t even think of a way to describe how someone is walking.

The way I deal with the chaotic times it to only let myself concentrate on one thing at a time. It isn’t an easy solution but it does work. Let’s say I have a million different ideas in my head for my WIP but I specifically need to figure out the details for this one fight scene. I will then sit down with a notebook (or just pace around my kitchen…) and do my best to push those other ideas out and just focus on that one fight scene.

Just remember to take a moment to breath and calm down. Now don’t take me as some hippie but keeping your sanity is important 😉

Also I found that talking to someone about your ideas is incredibly helpful. Maybe If you have a family member or crazy writer friend you can just unload all of your ideas on that would help. Key tip: if you do it to another writer they will NOT get annoyed but rather understand and maybe even help you out. Also if you don’t have anyone (which you can do it right here on SE so don’t say you don’t) you could simply write yourself an email. That probably sounds weird but if you act like you are writing it to someone you have to make it make sense which is helpful

Im not sure If this was an help or not but I hope it was!

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Pin It on Pinterest