fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Emma Walker
@emma-walker

@ajstoryteller

(also @gbfruitbat if you want to read about this guy 😉 )

1) Name: Zane or Lance

I actually don’t have a name for him. But I like Zane. That’s a cool name.

2) Age: Late teens or early twenties

Yes, early twenties.

3) Career/Role in Story: Helpful side character, he’s some sort of body guard

Yeah so he’s a guard in the Thabian Empire, and is usually at the palace. He’s a high ranking soldier because he is also a noble and is very wealthy.

He “teaches” swordsmanship to the Princess Trace so that she can defend herself, and they grow close and he starts to call. So he’s the side character that’s a love interest  for another side-ish character.

At some point he and the other Princesses, Terra, who is Trace’s twin and a warrior  herself in a way, and Dakota, who became a princess through marriage to the youngest prince, Daelon, and was recently trained to use weapons herself, and become these masked warriors to defend the crown prince, Jireh, from assassination.

He tends to stick in the storyline and stays, he’s cool.

4) Personality: Takes his job seriously and really takes a vacation. He’s very sarcastic and comes off as being cold and cynical. He’s actually a secret softie and sometimes wishes for a more adventurous life.

I think he’s a little nicer, but definitely sarcastic and I like the secret softie idea. I think his life is adventure enough, he just wants someone who can partake in the adventure at his side, like a wife. He really does take his job seriously too.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Unless he’s secretly evil, I think I would.

I would. He’s cool.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: not too many, so when in doubt, start comparing people to wildlife. Something about him screams eagle or hawk to me.

Ooo I like that.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: Mr. Grumps. Idk, he just looks a lil grumpy.

Lol Trace would probably call him that in a teasing manner, which would probably get him to smile slightly, and so on.

8) Character’s greatest strength: He’s dedicated to his job and is loyal. He gives nice hugs.

Yas I like that. Also very brave.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: He tends to overwork himself and hasn’t slept in a five days.

I think so lol

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Put that down, you don’t know where it’s been.”

XDXD I will probably use that Lolol idk who he’s talking to or what the thing is tho

11) Character’s favorite color(s): He prefers to wear subtle colors to not draw attention to himself, but he does like bright colors like turquoise or sky blue.

They literally live in a desert, so the guards are usually in sand-colored apparel, with the higher ranking something bright or something to mark they lead.

I think he does like bright colors.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): He’s an orphan.

Hm i think so, but maybe he has a sister somewhere.

13) Single or taken?: Single, he doesn’t have time for relationships.

He’s taken, by the princess Trace.

14) Characters children (if any?): No, but kids do think he’s cool.

Yaaa

15) Characters hobbies: He’s an expert with a blade. He doesn’t really have time for anything outside of his job, but he’s become very good at people watching.

Yesssssss

16) Greatest fear: Not being of worth or value to anyone. Failing in a horrific, tragic way.

Probably.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: On the outside, he states they aren’t worth his time. On the inside he envies those who are a bit more carefree, and wishes he could explore the world with someone by his side.

I think he’s a bit envious of fellow soldiers who have a wife and children of their own, he has everything he wants but that.

18) Darkest Secret: As a bodyguard, one often overhears things they wouldn’t dare repeat, but instead mold on one’s conscience for decades.

Yeah.

19) Peculiarities: He attracts cats. They love him for some reason. He can’t figure out why.

Omgoodnessgravy yes I love that.

I don’t think I’m right with any of these, but it was fun.

I was still trying to figure him out, so you were actually really helpful, thank youuuuuu

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Pin It on Pinterest