fb

Reply To: Hello

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Reply To: Hello

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@mamaauthoress

I, uhm, well … *twists tips of fingers against each other* I used Jaron’s personality as a foundation for building Rúan’s character.

LOL SAME!!! Jaron was the base character for Liorah! XD I mostly used some of his narrative style, though Liorah develops differently.

They’re nowhere near exact copies, but my brother who also read the Ascendence series and is the first person who always reads my manuscripts said “I can see you used Jaron for Liorah.” Sooo… it’s not as well hidden as I thought XD

You did … but did you see how long I forgot about this post? If anyone is taking shame, it’s me.

I always go “Oh, I totally need to reply to that!” *Doesn’t and instantly forgets* So, sorry about that XD

I know … after I read the second book, I started having nightmares and pains/cramps in the places where the characters got hurt.

My mum wisely advised me against reading the third …

Absolutely. It gets worse if anything. The ending broke my heart, but it was very well handled.

SAME!! I thought I was the only person who felt it when fictional characters got hurt! It’s like a weird form of hyper-empathy I guess?? When I’m really invested I get sensations where the characters get hurt! It’s so weird!

What?! I’ve heard so many great things about that book! Good to know …

I remember very little except that it was descriptively gory multiple times. Like, I have a fairly high tolerance for gore but a few scenes are just seared into my memory in all their ‘glory’. I do not recommend it.

FINALLY

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT

I don’t understand why she had to throw that in there!!

Exactly!!! I was listening to it on audiobook so I could just roll my eyes, skip 30 seconds forward… oh, they’re still kissing. Another 30 seconds. Nope. End of the chapter, like five minutes later. Okay, they’re done now. I’ve never skipped such big sections of a book XD

Good to know. I was actually told by a friend how the last book ends, and I was so glad I didn’t read it.

I stopped reading in the middle of book 3, but I was also spoiled for the ending D:

Ahww that’s awesome!! I love that kind of romance. It’s much more familiar.

I love it too 🥰 Just they way they already know each other completely and they’re just so familiar together and it feels so natural? It makes me so happy.

never expected my romance-despising self to be writing this XD I guess that proves it can be well done, it’s just often assumed to be there.

Like, the MC and other lead of the opposite gender make eye contact for three seconds and they kiss a chapter later even though they’ve only known each other a week? Howww??

Like half the time during the first kiss I hurl something across the room and shout at the MC “You’ve known them a week and during that time you haven’t thought about anything other than that they’re attractive? What’s WRONG with you??”

Ooh, I can rant about this a lot XD

My romance arc is two people in an arranged marriage who dislike that idea along with each other, then it slowly turns to relying on each other more in battle and in different situations, and then they realize just how much they like each other and need each other.

I’m sure it’s been done before, and it looks kind of cheesy now that I’ve written it out …

I willingly read the exact same trope a hundred times and that’s an excellent one. Everything about it is just *chef’s kiss* The situation where they’re forced together and then slowly fall in love during a stressful period? Perfect. A couple fighting together and protecting each other? The best trope in existence.

I absolutely love that idea!

Ahwwww even better!!

It’s the best. I’ve only written a few scenes about it but it’s amazing. XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest