fb

Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Showing Internal Conflict Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

That was literally the first thing that jumped into my mind when Cathy said you were Jewish (because you had mentioned Jesus saving people, and Judaism most definitely does not believe that).

I knew it would throw you off XD It confuses everyone. About 90% of people just give me blank stares when I say Messianic. There’s more of us than you’d think but somehow nobody has heard of it.

I’ve watched several of Snappy Dragon’s videos, she has great content. The only thing I don’t like about her is that she likes to mention how she is an agnostics and that she left Judism in several of her videos. It gets annoying. xD

It does. I don’t agree with her, but I appreciate her covering that part of history.

Well, let me ask you at least a couple questions. Firstly, did Jewish women always wear head coverings in the medieval era? (Snappy makes it seem like they do) Secondly, were the Jewish quarters of towns walled in during the 12th and 13th centuries?

Pfff… I have no clue. Lemme see… *A couple google searches later*

Apparently, it depended on whether it was a ghetto or a quarter. Ghettos were generally walled, since living outside of them wasn’t an option. Quarters were enforced, but there weren’t any actual walls.

Here is an article that may be a starting off point for you. (Edit, it’s jamming with the links, I’ll post them seperately.

As for headcoverings, as I mentioned before, headcoverings were seen as a modesty thing for all Medieval women. An uncovered head would be approximately equivalent to a low neckline in modern times.

Short answer, yes, at all times in public after she was married.

I found a source that explains how it worked pretty well. (The Talmudic period they’re talking about is from 200-500 CE)

Over here.

Also, to clarify, most of this is Talmudic law. (It has the exact passages in the text) It isn’t biblical, but it is what they followed at the time. Basically, it’s accurate for your research but not what we Messianics follow. We don’t follow Talmudic laws, only biblical law. In fact, I’ve never studied any of the Jewish oral law XD

Okay, that makes me feel better. I almost called that other shield  “heater-shaped” but I’ve got in a habit of calling it a diamond shaped shield (it just sounds less weird xD).

It’s an incredibly weird name XD

Of course you are. With a cloak, and skills like yours, you’ll be the world’s first superhero.

LOL, that’s vast hyperbole, I know like three things. But perhaps the awesomeness of my cloak can make up for it.

Btw, what is the difference between a mantle and a cloak? At first I thought it was that mantle’s couldn’t have hoods, but now I’m just confused.

Once again, one google search later, I come to the conclusion that mantle is more generally used to refer to official garments while a cloak is just the name of the garment itself.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest