fb

Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Showing Internal Conflict Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

*dude she’s Jewish*

LOL, it’s not Noah’s fault for not knowing, you’re one of like three people I’ve told XD

(also thanks for the links to sword-fighting here rose-colored-fancy)

You’re welcome! Have fun with it!

@noah-cochran

Figured, but I wasn’t certain.

I feel the need to clarify that I am Messianic Jewish, which essentially means that we follow the laws of the Torah but believe Jesus Christ was the son of God, who came to earth to die for our sins etc etc.

Some people group Messianics as a Christian denomination, some as a sub-group of Judasim, some as a seperate religion.

I’m happy to answer any further questions you have about that! 🙂

But Rose, this opens up a whole other category of me picking your brain for knowledge. Over the last two weeks I have been researching Jews and Muslims in the middle ages (their culture, customs, hairstyles xD ), have you studied that much?

As much as possible which isn’t a lot. It’s freakishly hard to find resources, you wouldn’t believe.

The one source I can think of off the top of my head is SnappyDragon on YouTube. She’s a Historical costumer and Jewish, so she has quite a few videos about that. She’s great, I recommend checking her out.

For my WIP, my main characters are pretty Jewish coded, and once you know that you can’t unsee it. I use a lot of traditions and commandments we follow and try to work them into worldbuilding. It’s very fun!

I appreciate all the work you’re putting into this, it’s of immense valuable to me.

Sure! Glad I could help!

Okay, I bookmarked both the channels, and I’ll add them to this week’s to-do list. I do have one question though. What do you mean my triangular shields? From what I’ve read, the circular shield was the earlier version, and then the kite shaped shield took over in popularity in the high middle ages (though circular and diamond shields were also used) for both knights and infantry. Have I  totally overlooked a version of shield?

… I meant kite-shaped XD Translation machine short-circuted. It seems it was either a kite-shaped shield or a heater-shaped shield, but the former is more likely since the other was developed once leg armor improved.

For some reason, I found that unreasonably amusing.

But I’m right 😉

It sounds like history lover heaven, and if your goal was to make me jealous, you’re doing an excellent job. xD   I have never met another person in rl that loves history–unless the history is world war two or American history, and at this point, I think my search my be futile. So I compliment you on your congenial situation–minus the tax fraud government.

It’s amazing! It’s definitely the first group of people I’ve met that are also into history, as you say.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest