fb

Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Showing Internal Conflict Reply To: Showing Internal Conflict

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

I return with answers! I asked for some resources on arming swords and early medieval swords during a call with some members of my HEMA club and got some answers.

For research, there are two YouTube channels they recommended. I’ll link them in the next post. I just quickly skimmed through them, but they seem useful.

Besides that, our coach said that triangular shields were commonly used with arming swords since full armor wasn’t yet developed beyond chainmail. Besides that, he mentioned that swords were in their transitional period between viking swords and the familiar medieval sword.

The earliest manuscript on swords is Manuscript I. 33, from the thirteen-hundreds, so everything before that isn’t sure.

Anyway, I’ll link the arming-sword videos below. Hope that helps! Tell me if you have any more questions, I’ll see if I can ask them next time.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest