fb

Reply To: Hi Everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi Everyone! Reply To: Hi Everyone!

Cathy
@this-is-not-an-alien

*skids in pretending I’m not late in the slighest*

That’s awesome! I need to work on becoming better at singing because I could sing all day long. I first need to work on my music theory, kinda rusty.

Lol, I have sung all day before (yesterday, in fact XDD), but it took a while before I could actually hit the notes and not sound pitchy. But one thing I did–two things actually–that really helped was humming or “la”ing or “ba”ing etc from as low on the scale as I comfortably could to as high as I comfortably could until I was warmed up enough I could get higher/lower. Another thing was recording myself sing so I could tell where I was pitchy and what I was doing that made me pitchy I was surprised by how fast I improved once I could hear my mistakes. So…my two cents  *sheepish/winning smile and thumbsup*

The Acer Predators, Asus Rogs, and MSI in general are all good, powerful options. Like most laptops, they only allow upgrading the ram and hdd/sdd. Sadly, those graphic and cpu’s there to stay which is why I prefer a regular desktop workstation. They are a better long-term investment. I rate MSI at the top, Asus, and then Acer. I would say their higher end beefy gaming laptop structural quality is very similar. Though most can’t compete with MAC’s solid metal construction. My MSI has a RTX2060 graphics, 16GB of ram, with 500GB SSD and 1 T HDD. So pretty tough as they come. It is a mid-high level laptop.

Nice! My parents just bought be an (AWESOME) Acer Nitro 5 with *skids to different page to check* NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti graphics, 16 GB ram, 1TB NVMe SSD and a glowing red keyboard 😂. Her name is Amy and I’ve programmed her to scream a chorus of “Get Up Offa That Thing” every 20-30 minutes to remind me to not get eyesore using it all day and take breaks (still working on making her scream Yzma quotes from Emperor’s New Groove 😉 I absolutely love her and I’ve been moving my docs and programs from my old computer onto her and now I’m looking for a good computer cover or case or something for her and generally anything that’ll provide good scratch-protection.

Clip Art is super nice because it has built in wooden dummy like model poser that you can then use for your character without having to draw the body and it is designed specifically for character illustration. If you get the pro version, it will also include manga/comic designer/webtoon designer too. I do prefer Affinity more than Adobe because they are only $50 and sometimes $25 when on sales for one time purchase, no sub needed. I hear they have about 85% of the tools photoshop has.

OH Clip Art is what replaced Manga Studio, isn’t it? I loved my Manga Studio but it’s been discontinued so I can’t get it on Amy. And Affinity replaced PagePlus (luckily my brother found a way to still download it with the old codes and serials and sent me a link) I’ve loved Manga Studio and PagePlus, although I still have to get Adobe for school, I hate the monthly purchases thing I’d pretty much gladly spend twice as much to just pay once and be over with it, ya’know? I also have to get my Corel Painter Essentials 5 on Amy and that site will update it for free when/if I get it registered here, my parents bought it for me last Christmas and I’ve absolutely loved it, I’d usually do the linework on Manga Studio and the shadow mapping, coloring and overlays on Corel it has epic brushes and layer features!!!!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Pin It on Pinterest