fb

Reply To: Hello

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Reply To: Hello

Laura K. Abeid
@mamaauthoress

@erynne

Hello Erynne! I am glad to have been welcomed in the warmest fashion — I’ve not been welcomed like this on any other community. 🤗
Ah, though my experience has not yet waxed on 24 hours, I would fall under that category as well. 😁

I’m honestly not that intelligent (in general but we don’t talk about that) on all of the different genres,

Gracious, I read that as “I’m honestly not that intelligent,” and was about to reply with “NO, YOU ARE NOT DUMB — WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT??” 😆

What’s your favorite dystopian fantasy book?

I have not read any dystopian fantasy books yet — all the dystopian stories I’ve read were science fiction.
However, I got the idea of writing a dystopian fantasy story when I watched Raya and the Last Dragon, which takes place in a magical world after it was destroyed. The inspiration only grew when I was introduced to the video game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which also. takes place in a post-apocalyptic society that has many elements of fantasy.

Cool! I’m an ENFP.

Ah! So is my father and one of my closest friends!

It’s just one of those fun things to know, right? 😉

Of course. I never wanted to take MBTI’s path of “figuring out who you are” since I already know who I am, but it was quite interesting reading a webpage that looked like people had been spying and studying me. 😆

Your WIP sounds super interesting!! Mine can be found in the thread “New Plot Announcement” if you want to check it out and give me your opinion. No pressure, it’s totally just if you want to.

Thank you so much! I’m glad you think so. 😊
I will most definitely check that out! I love reading about other people’s projects, since they come up with so much diverse and interesting ideas.

Welcome again, and I look forward to seeing you around in the future!

Also, let me just say I’m impressed that you already know your way around pretty well. Most newbies don’t catch on to the tagging and quote thing right away (I sure didn’t)

Thank you!

Ah, that is probably because I am part of a similar community, but for homeschoolers, that has very similar tagging and quoting features. I am also a part of the YWW community, so I’m a bit familiar with community maneuvering. (:

I get impressed easily in case you haven’t noticed XD

I have — and it is not a bad thing!

______
@noah-cocheran

I realized I forgot the poem in the last post. 😆
My apologies. Here it is:

I Bleed Because I Love You

by Laura K. Abeid

I bleed because I love you

I hurt because I care

The pain inside my mourning heart

Is here because you’re there.

But I welcome all this hurt

I embrace the sea of pain

Because the suffering tells me

That colours will follow the rain.

The pain is a constant reminder

That I hold your tender heart

That even now you’re keeping mine

Despite the miles apart.

So I’ll gladly wait for your return

But still stay right in reach

In case you need the help I’ll give

To help you run your race.

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Pin It on Pinterest