fb

Reply To: Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other Reply To: Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other

Joshua Scheele
@storysmith

@emma-walker

So I have a village, and there’s a certain tradition they have when it comes to marriage. Every four years, on a certain day, they will have what is called.. *coughs* The Auction. Any guesses where this is going? Girls and women eligible (ages 16+ (And single)) are locked in shackles and chains by their families, and are sold to the man who bids highest, and the man marries who he buys. It is a small village, but it’s also a good location, near the sea, and ships come and go a lot. Many men who participate are sailors, although some live in the village and do something else.

If you want to make slavery a big issue of your story, then this is not a bad idea even though it is a horrible aspect of the world. I plan to make slavery a scourge in my world. There will be roaming bandit armies pillaging and enslaving the unprotected lands. My story will start out with my MC preparing with his soldiers to put an end to them and will go on to make it a crusade to free everyone to help create a better world. I probably will not say what exact mistreatment the slaves will suffer from besides the beatings and whippings most slaves back then suffered. I will let my readers figure what happens to women slaves. It is unfortunately not hard to guess what their fate will be if they look at today’s issue. Though it is horrible, it is a real problem and the way you depicted it is not far from today’s issue with slavery. There are probably more slaves today than there was ever before. I read an article from 2019 that said 71 percent of today’s slaves are women and 25% were children totalling around 40 million. Pretty sad but true.

I will make my slavers rue the day they thought of enslaving.

Pin It on Pinterest