fb

Reply To: Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other Reply To: Brainstorming topic for Worldbuilding and stuffnesss to aid each other

Emma Walker
@emma-walker

So I have a village, and there’s a certain tradition they have when it comes to marriage.

Every four years, on a certain day, they will have what is called.. *coughs* The Auction.

Any guesses where this is going?
Girls and women eligible (ages 16+ (And single)) are locked in shackles and chains by their families, and are sold to the man who bids highest, and the man marries who he buys.

It is a small village, but it’s also a good location, near the sea, and ships come and go a lot. Many men who participate are sailors, although some live in the village and do something else.

I thought of this, and it has been the basis for the stories I’ve been writing lately (If you have been doing the CUC game on a different topic, all my characters are in that, or connected to it.) I thought it was an interesting concept and went with it, and I have some friends who agree with me, and have enjoyed the stories, but I’d like other’s opinions.

@noah-cochran
@erynne @anyonelse

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Pin It on Pinterest