fb

Reply To: Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep.

Forums Fiction Plotting Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep. Reply To: Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep.

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

I do XD it’s funny considering I don’t even know your real name haha

Cybersecurity turns everyone into a secret spy with four names and identities, only loosely connected XD

Ok what about “happily ever afters”? That’s not how life works ya know? We all love a happy ending, but we also want our story to be realistic.

You can pry happily ever afters out of my cold, dead hands. I’m not reading because I want the misery of existence impressed on me for the millionth time that day. Don’t kill characters for shock value or ‘realism’!

You don’t have to imply that everything will be perfect, you can leave some rough edges and just imply that the characters will deal with it. That tends to take the edge off the sweetness.

Happily ever afters are important too and that’s the hill I die on. (Other endings have their place but happily ever after isn’t an inherently bad or unrealistic trope.)

@this-is-not-an-alien

Human tears secret glands which release a sorta antidepressant hormone relaxing the stress hormones or something scientific like that…

Yeah! It lets out excess adrenaline too which is why you cry after an extremely scary experience.

*squeezes back*
Thanks, *shrugs awkwardly* I’m pretty fine now but if you could pray for her I’d like that <3

Of course!

It is an underrated thing, like why does every novel heartbreak have to be romantic!?! It’s tacky and unrealistic *from someone who has never had any romantic interest in any real human*
Yeah, it does hurt with friendships <3

Exactly!!! Friendship heartbreak is one of the most painful things and I’ve seldom seen it in fiction but it’s so dang painful.  (Totally need to write a novel with that at the center. Actually!!! *Writes that down*)

That yes! I agree, I also might add “worrying about insanely stupid things”

Oh, YES!!! That one hurts so dang much though 😭😭 I actually used it and it’s so painful to read because they’re so in shock.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest